Saturday, August 22, 2009

… catching up



Whew! . . . what a busy, busy week!

But I know that I'm not alone - as there are barely over six weeks before Fall Quilt Market - most all of the designers & manufactures who are getting things ready for Market. . . are in the midst of what we "lovingly" refer to as 'crunch time'. For me what that means is that sewing, stitching, binding, writing, creating layouts, & more of the same - are what will fill each & every day for the next six weeks. . .

Then there's the last three days before leaving for Market. . . when there's no time to finish anything new. . . but then the reality of packing my suitcase & the panic of, "what am I going to wear?". . . This usually leads to at least one or two trips to my local J.Jill store (my favorite!!!) & then a sigh of relief. For me - there actually comes a time - about a week before Market - when I really look forward just to getting to Market. . . because it feels like that will be easier & much more relaxing than preparing for it!

But for today. . . after a week of deadlines & meetings. . . I need to spend at least a little time in my laundry room. I can get by with t-shirts & shorts around the house & the studio. . . but I'm about at the point that I will run out of those pretty soon!

So while I'm there. . . I figure today is a good day to get through all the towels, bath rugs . . . & anything else I can find that needs a good run through the wash cycle! The best part of doing laundry is that I can get some stitching done in-between cycles. . . (a win-win in my book!)

. . . & maybe. . . I may just go find that latest J.Jill catalog. . .

. . . just in case!

xo, Bren

5 comments:

Samantha said...

Today was laundry day here, too (and dusting and vacuuming day...)
I am STILL putting off writing my patterns- oh I am so bad- I really have to get to them this week! It really is "crunch" time, but I think I am living in denial...

PamKittyMorning said...

I can hardly wait!

suz said...

just got caught up with your blog. I love the new quilt, but I specially love the "date" you had with your dad - thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Elizabeth said...

Well, crunch time is better when you're working with beautiful fabric! Personally I'm waiting for a box from Japan...hmmm...

Mary's Cottage Quilts said...

I am so excited for market!! Especially since I missed spring. I also LOVE J Jill. I had never been in ther until last Saturday, and now I am hooked!! I am SO saving my $$ for that darling new denim jacket!! Hopefully I'll be sportin' it by market :)