Monday, August 31, 2009

… a little progress



Things have been moving along in the studio. . . (& gosh. . . when the deadlines are tight. . . I just have to say how much I love machine applique!)




Here are a few little peeks of a new design that I'm making from 'Celebration'. It will be in three different sizes. . . & it's called 'Around the Corner'. I still have one (the largest one) of the sizes to make. . . but it goes together so quickly, I'm sure the final one will be done in no time. . .

. . . but that time will have to wait a few days - as I'm in pattern writing mode. . . Actually - I'm making myself sit down & get the patterns written (!). I'm being very strict with myself & until I'm all caught up on the pattern writing. . . I don't get to start any new projects! (That will certainly get the patterns written - as I have more ideas than time - & I can't wait to get back into the studio!)



I've been working on my laptop. . . in my bedroom. . . on the bed (. . . because, if I'm going to have to write patterns. . . I'm going to be certain that I'm comfy all the while!) Then - over the weekend - on my way to the office to get something - this is what I came across. . . & after my last post - I thought it might make you smile - like it did me. . .

. . . there's Bailey - at his post!

. . . at least someone's getting to spend time in the studio!



7 comments:

Auntie Pami said...

Sneak peaks! They are so pretty--can't wait to see the finished quilts!

Jennifer said...

How exciting! Nireko sent me some of your fabric and I've got it all tucked away, waiting for your new patterns! Looks like all that work has worn out poor Bailey!

bluegecko said...

Is Bailey lying on a Summer Breeze
quilt?
What are the gorgeous green fabrics?
The quilt is adorable (and the dog too!)

Diva Kreszl said...

I just love the fabrics!!!

Carmen said...

When is your fabric line available in stores? It is so delicate and beautiful!

MahQuilter said...

Looks like another winner to me. Bailey looks so comfortable.

Anonymous said...

Too, too lovely Bren! Applique is an addiction of sorts, isn't it? I have finally gained skills in the whole machine version of "hand applique" and am reveling in the amount of work I am getting done. SHWEW!