Monday, April 5, 2010

daybook ::14::


for today :: April 5, 2010

outside my window. . .  breezy - which is bringing in the amazing scent of orange blossoms from the trees that line the side yard. 

I am thinking. . . of how much hope I am filled with after we celebrate Easter!

from the kitchen. . .  just coffee so far. Made a great big salad yesterday & will have salads (to go with our warm weather!) all week!

I am wearing. . . my favorite grey t-shirt (J.Jill), & shorts, barefoot

I am creating. . . a new quilt - using my new fabrics. . . so fun! I'm really pleased with how its coming along.

I am remembering. . .  that God is in control. . . 

I am reading. . .  The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society (still!)

I am hoping . . .  to get at least one new quilt made each week between now & the end of  month.

I am hearing. . . the soft putterings of the overhead fan. (No air-conditioning on yet - but I do have the overhead fans on. . .

around the house. . . sewing, stitching, quilting, . . . & getting into the garage for a big spring clean!

I am going. . . to take Bailey 'bye-bye-in-the-car' with me - to the bank. He loves going, & today he gets to do bunches of fun things. . .  because it's Bailey's birthday!. . . He turns 4 today!

one of my favorite things. . .   the unconditional love of a dog.

a few plans for the rest of the week. . . quilt group tonight, sewing, quilting, stitching, pattern writing, finishing a freelance graphic design job.

from my picture journal. . .


Bailey - the birthday boy!

Hope you have great week!
   Bren

5 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

A Happy Birthday to Bren! I am also enjoying this gorgeous monday :)

Catsngrams said...

Baily looks so much like my Abby. Hope your day is filled with fun. I love having a day plan maybe that is something I need to start. Thanks for the idea.

Vicky said...

Happy Birthday, Bailey!! Penny sends lots of love and puppy kisses to you! Ssshhh, but I think she's got a crush on you! :) Brenda, can't wait to see your new patterns for the new fabric. I'm itching to get going on it!

suz said...

Happy birthday to Bailey!
Thank you for sharing the excerpt from Max Lucado's book. I had never heard of him before but he will shortly be added to my booklist.

Samantha said...

Hi Brenda- thinking of you today. And happy birthday Bailey! Don't they grow up so fast:)....