Thursday, April 1, 2010

… a finish or two

Actually this post will be a bit random . . .


. . . kinda like how my week has felt. . .


. . . & yet,  things have been happening & completed!. . . (sort-a). . .


I'll start by showing you what the UPS man brought this morning. . .



. . . some cute little Cath Kidston blank booklets. I use these all the time. . . for so many things!  I  Cath Kidston things. . . so fresh - so cute.

 . . . a Max Lucado book. . . (one of my favorite authors)

❀ . . . & it finally happened. . . I wore out my VCR tape of 'You've Got Mail'. . . a movie that  - when I'm working in the studio - I semi-regularly have on in the background when there is nothing on tv. . . (which can be often lately!). The last time I popped in the tape. . . it started getting so wobbly - I expected the tape could break at any moment - so I broke down & got the DVD . . . & the deluxe edition version. I figured that if it is still one of my favorites after the countless times I've watch it. . .  then I would go for it. 

We're supposed to get a little rain this afternoon. . . so guess what I'll be watching?!

On the getting things finished (beside an old VCR tape. . .!) A few items are all ready for my quilter. . . 

  


These are two version of  one of my new designs. This one is called, 'Floye's Garden'. . . names after the wonderful garden that my Grandma tended - right next to their farmhouse. Whenever we visited the farm when I was little. . . as we were traveling the dirt roads that led to the farm, we would always look for the garden. . . that was the sign that this was the one. . . we were there. . . Grandma's Garden.

I've done the design both in embroidery & in applique  (using wonderful wool!). There will also be a few other little projects included in this new design. 

Here's what I'm working on today. . .


. . . more peeks soon!

 Bren

10 comments:

PamKittyMorning said...

Oh gosh Brenda those are both so wonderful. And I love the needlepunch all plaidy and cute. You do such lovely work. xo

Diva Kreszl said...

the quilt is just beautiful! your needlework is amazing :)

Anonymous said...

OHHHH! AWWWWW!!! So beautiful. Makes me start day dreaming of sewing instead of being in cubicle-ville. :)

Shontelle said...

Your new quilts look gorgeous! Can't wait to see them in full. Have fun with Kathleen Kelly and Joe Fox this afternoon.

Unknown said...

I could watch Meg Ryan with Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock in The Lake House all day and sometimes do. Gives a warm cozy feeling just like stitching on a quilt. Looking forward to your newest patterns and to finish some of the ones I already have.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Such gorgeous peeks Bren!

Suzanne said...

ayour quilt is amazing! When will you have a pattern available? Will you have a booth at spring market?

Sewn With Grace said...

I always love to see what you are working on. Everything you create is so beautiful and always inspires me. Have a wonderful day!

happy zombie said...

Oh Bren... your quilts are soooo beautiful. I want to see MORE!!

Zilma Brito said...

Que blog adorável! Quanta coisa linda, parabéns!
Ah, também adoro Max Lucado, é um autor muito lido aqui no Brasil.
Beijo...