Sunday, November 28, 2010

… twinkle lights



Last evening, as I was making myself a mocha in the kitchen, I paused as I turned out the kitchen light. . .



Oh. . . how I love the lights of Christmas.


These are the boughs with little twinkle lights, berries, & pine cones that that I put out to trim the upper kitchen counter & the armoire on the way into my studio. They give off the most wonderful light. . . I just love the glow they bring to the rooms they grace.

I put up three lit boughs throughout the house & a few other small decorations, & then decided that was enough. . . I'm feeling the need to keep it all simpler this year. I welcome the season with all my heart (& was already listening to Christmas music a few weeks ago!) - but simpler is feeling better for me this year.

I also decided that these would be the quilts hung around the house & placed on the couch (for naps & reading!). . .

Winter Memories . . . over the couch in the living room. . .

Bittersweet. . . on the wall in the dining room. . .

Stitching Winter Memories. . . in the kitchen. . .

. . . & on various couches & chairs. . .

Coventry. . .

. . . & Bliss (because it always reminds me of snowflakes!)

. . . So, in these often busy holiday weeks. . . I hope you have make some time to snuggle under a warm quilt & simply enjoy the lights of this very special season!

Bren

13 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

You too Bren! Your photos and quilts certainly help!

Mouster1 said...

Love your quilts! Simple but elegant is a good look. Happy Holidays!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Bren:
Your decorations are lovely. Perfect to get us all in the mood for the real reasons for the season. Hope you have a wonderful week.
xoxo
Donna

pdudgeon said...

I'll be starting my decorating this week as well. lots of fluffy batting, some santas, and a pine wreath over the book case, pointsettia stick-ons for the front window, and the Christmas quilts to snuggle under. then all i need is some hot chocolate, Christmas cookies, and i'm all set.

Karen said...

Hi Bren......I love your Christmas lights! Your rooms look simply glowing. The quilts are wonderful! Enjoy!

Karen

Anonymous said...

THANKS FOR YOU BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS!
ISN'T 'BITTERSWEET' SO PRETTY!

jldouglas@wispwest.net

Samantha said...

Cozy and beautiful... a peaceful (pieceful??) season to you and your dad and Bailey....

luvtoquilt said...

I'm with you, Brenda. Just got back from visiting my mom at the nursing home. She's in the last stage of Alzheimer's and won't be with us next Christmas. She's here this year, but she isn't. So simple works for me, too. Your quilts are lovely -- nothing as comforting as a snuggly quilt!

Sewn With Grace said...

Oh I love it all and can't wait to try making some of these myself! My patterns arrived and I am just swooning! Can't wait to get started!

Vicky said...

Gorgeous pictures, Brenda. You've put me in the Christmas spirit!

Ina said...

Beautiful!

Heidi Malott said...

Lovely photos. Needed inspiration, came across your blog in googling Christmas trees. Lovely quilts too.

Best,

Heidi

Jenny said...

I've been in love with your Winter Memories quilt since I first saw a few years ago. I wish I had time to get one made for this Christmas! Maybe next year....