Thursday, April 14, 2011

. . . a bit of a break



I didn't mean to not post to the blog for so long. . . but it's been over a month. . . so sorry.  


You know that it's been way too much time between posts when you get sweet emails asking if you're okay. . . (& if Dad & Bailey are okay!). . . (they are!) Thank you to those of you who took the time to find out where in the heck I was!


So . . . to not overwhelm myself in trying to cover all that has happened in the last, um. . . 38 days. . . I'll keep it short.  It was filled with lots of working & wonderful visits from family! My brother & his wife, Jodi came out from Minnesota to thaw in March . . . & then my niece came from San Diego for her spring break. It always is such fun to have family here.


One of the biggest events happened just last week. . . Bailey turned 5! He has been nudging at me to post about it. . . giving me this look. . . his "aren't just so cute Mom?" look . . . as I would work from my laptop. . .


. . . then . . . when I was working in the studio. . . (& not blogging about his birthday). . . I would catch this sweet little view of him (. . . so disgusted with me that I hadn't posted about him yet . . .


So. . . to get back into the blogging world. . . (& to wish Bailey a Happy Birthday!). . . I promised I would let Bailey give you a sneak peek of the next little project that's at the printers now. . . & of course. . . Bailey does it like any pup does. . . plants himself in the middle!

So, Happy Birthday ( a little late!). . . to my adorable furry little buddy. . .

(& I promise to not wait another 38 days to post again!)

Bren

13 comments:

Denise said...

Happy Birthday Bailey!

Anne said...

Happy Birthday Bailey. That quilt is adorable. So glad everything is good in Tucson! :)

Louise said...

What a nice surprise to find your post today...Happy belated Birthday to Bailey...He doesn't look a day older...

SarahB said...

Happy birthday Bailey! Love the center-of-the-quilt photo!

MahQuilter said...

Happy Birthday to Bailey and so glad to hear from you Bren. Love the new quilt. I love all you do and this one is another winner! Thank you!!!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Glad to see you're back and doing well, Bren. Happy Birthday, Bailey!
(Love your new project, too!)
Hugs,
xoxo
Donna, Kes and Fezzik

Dorian said...

Nice to see you back Bren. Happy birthday to your little fuzzy guy. Looks like a lovely little quilt he's sitting on.

Ina said...

I love the way he sits back in the chair with his belly up! Very cute! Happy bday, Bailey. ;0

Sewn With Grace said...

You've been having so much fun! What a blessing to have family around. A very happy birthday to your darling puppy (they're always a puppy!). I LOVE the quilt and the shots of your beautiful home. I just purchased "Her Mothers Hope" and can't wait to get started. I didn't realize the second one was out. Very fun! Blessings today!

Vicky said...

Happy Birthday, Bailey! You're so adorable! The quilt is awesome!

PamKittyMorning said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Bailey!

suz said...

Happy Birthday Bailey! Glad all is well with you and yours. Love the little quilt!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday sweet Bailey! My Emma Jane (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel) just turned 5 too and I think they'd make a very cute couple! He's soooo adorable and so is the quilt!