Wednesday, August 3, 2011

daybook ::40::


The ('my') mountains - hugged by clouds this morning. . .

for today :: August 3, 2011 (seriously?. . . it's August already?)

outside my window. . .   cloudy, some distant thunder, . . . & everything is damp & washed clean by last evenings rains. (10 hours of thunder, lightening, & rain!. . . (& a little furry bundle next to me in bed, curled up & shaking - until he finally fell asleep. Poor pup!))

I am thinking. . . of my friend, Rosalie . . .

from the kitchen. . .  coffee, . . . & my little (but helpful!) brain just reminded me of the 60% Cacao Ghirardelli chips in the freezer. . .!) yum.

I am wearing. . . t-shirt & shorts. . . (even though we got some rain - it' still a wee bit warm!)

I am creating. . .  a new project that I'm so excited about. . . mixing my love of cross-stitch, embroidery, applique & quilting. . . (!)

I am remembering. . .  that God is in control. (. . . & finding so much comfort in that.)

I am reading. . .   Just finished re-reading 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society' (. . . & loved it even more - if that's possible!), so I'm still working on 'Organized Simplicity' - by Tsh Oxenreider, & 'One Thousand Gifts' (so good - I want to re-read to catch what I might have missed the first time.)

I am hoping . . .  to get the hang of some new Photoshop skills that I'm developing (for fabric designing).

I am hearing. . .  the air conditioner trying to decide whether to stay on or turn off. . . (think I'll go turn up the thermostat - so it doesn't have to work so hard!)

around the house. . .  it's wonderfully quiet.

I am going. . .  to stay in today. . . happily flitting from one stitchery project to another. . .

one of my favorite things. . .  light filled rooms. . .

a few plans for the rest of the week. . . sew the bindings on two quilts (one I quilted myself!), work on the next fabric line, work on some stitchery, get my Dad a library card (he's devouring books lately!)

from my picture journal . . .
 What it looks like from nearby - when we get afternoon rains. . . (I love our summer rains!)

Also, don't forget about Jackie's (The Noble Wife) blog hop for her new book, 'Fruitful Hands'. Here's who's up for the rest of the week: (be sure to give 'em a visit!)

Wednesday:    Natalie Lymer of Cinderberry Stitches
Thursday:    Michele Foster of The Quilting Gallery
Friday:    Sandi Andersen of A Legacy of Stitches

 . . . & don't forget, Jackie is having some great giveaways on her blog!

Hope you have a blessed week.

 Bren

No comments: