Wednesday, October 19, 2011

…remembering. . .


Four years.

It is really so hard to believe that it was four years ago this evening that I said my final 'good-bye' to Mom.

I know it's said of how fast time 'flies by'. . .

. . . but it really does seem to.

I love this photo of Mom. (. . . oh how she did love her coffee! I do think that's where I get it from. . .)


. . . & this photo. . . It is Mom back in Minnesota the first time she 'met' my brother's first baby - Angela. Oh how Mom did love babies. She had such a way & was at such ease with them & would sing to all her granddaughters. . .



Thankfully Mom did get to see all of her granddaughters in the months before we said good-bye to her. . . but she never did get to see any of their weddings. So far two of her granddaughters have married. . .  & just this last month I got to be a part of this sweet occasion . . .


 . . . Angela (the sweet little baby above) trying on wedding dresses . . . 

(sigh)

. . . Although this was not the dress (it was the first of several & this one was to see if she liked the straps (they got a 'no' vote). . . & although she looked so pretty in all of them. . .  there were a few dresses that took our breath away. . . & one that brought tears. . . (I sooo get why there are tissue boxes all over the dressing areas!) . . . & I couldn't help but think that Mom was somehow there. 

. . . even though she isn't here with us now. . . her love. . . all that love that she gave so freely to us all. . . & has shaped so much - who we are. . . still is ever present.

I miss you Mom. . .

. . . & I love you so.

Bren



9 comments:

paulette said...

You are a lucky lady to have had such a wonderful, loving mom! She sounds amazing!
P

sunny said...

What a sweet tribute. My mom left us four years ago in December. Sometimes it seems like it was just last week, other times it seems like it was a lifetime ago.

Darlene said...

I remember when your Mom passed, Brenda! Your post is a wonderful tribute to her. (Hugs)

Louise said...

I too remember your Mom's passing. The years have gone by so quickly. I lost my own Mom 10 years ago last month. Her funeral Mass was on 9/11/01..Every year it is such a difficult time. My thoughts are with you and your Dad.

Vicky said...

(HUGS) for your heart!

Yvonne & Kevin said...

I am feeling for you too, my husband passed away suddenly just 4 weeks ago, when it is your loved ones, it leaves such a gap in your life, but oh so many wonderful memories
Yvonne NZ

Yvonne & Kevin said...

Hi Bren

How lovely to hear from you, it has made me feel quite teary, that's all I seem to do these days!

How is your little Bailey? I have my little Bichon Bailey & Bichon Poppy, I have something to cuddle up to & they are my true friends.

I am thinking of you too & no one can take our memories can they?

Fond wishes
Yvonne

Jenny of Elefantz said...

What an exceptional legacy she left for you, Bren...to hear the love and respect, honour and devotion, you have for her as a mother, woman and grandmother. He would have welcomed her with "well done, my good and faithful servant"...
Hugs
Jenny
xx

Sewn With Grace said...

Thinking of you. Sending prayerful hugs your way!