Monday, November 28, 2011

… little touches



I hope that you had a great Thanksgiving weekend.
I did. . . but for me that means staying as far away as possible from stores & the craziness of shopping frenzies & the crowds. . . (I am not a 'crowd' person at all.)

For me, Dad & Bailey. . . we had a wonderfully quiet weekend, filled with a little bit of getting the house ready for the holidays. Dad worked a bit on the outside, & I worked on the inside.

I hauled a few of the Christmas boxes down from the attic & decided that I would use what I found in those boxes only, & not bring everything out. I thought, at first, that it might not work, but as it turned out. . . it was fun! The decorations this year have a little more homespun look. . . & I'm liking it a lot. 

After a couple of years with Dad not really wanting a tree put up, I did put a little 3 foot tree up this year. I started hinting to him about 3 weeks ago that I was thinking of doing a little tree this year. . . so he could get used to it. . . & I'm thinking he is actually really liking it. My big hint was when, one of the boxes had a little 18" tree in it. . . & I mentioned to Dad that it would look really nice in his room . . . on his dresser. I left it out on a dining room chair (plugged in & lit-up), & before I knew it. . . he had taken it into his room. . . where it is bringing a wonderful soft light to his room. (sigh!)

I'm off to the quilt shop today. . . but before I go, I want to say, "thank you!" to all of you who have taken part in the 'Counting My Blessings' sale that is going on at the website. . . & to remind you that this sale will be ending in a couple of days. . !. . . so be sure to check it out before it's gone! (. . . I've also added a few more quilts to the 'sample quilts for sale' page. . . perfect for gifts for a special person!)

Hope you day is full of blessings!

 Bren


5 comments:

Ina said...

It's not Christmas without a tree...music...blinking lights. ;0

Sue said...

I think that is so sweet that your dad took the tree to his room:) I'll bet he's been missing it after all.

Bari Jo said...

I love the picture in this post - which quilt is this? I seem to recall it - maybe from one of your books possibly? Would love to know - just love it! Love reading your blog! Hugs! Bari Jo

Bari Jo said...

Hi Brenda!!! It's me again - from above post - I found what I was looking for - I have your comfort and joy book and found the bittersweet pattern! I thought it rang a bell! I love this quilt - it looks so good on your table! :O) I need to make one! Have a great day! Hugs, Bari Jo

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
Yours, Ulla

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails