Wednesday, April 9, 2014

:: a little get-away




(my handsome brother, Scott & his beautiful wife, Jodi.)

(Dad & Scott - the two handsome men in my life. . .)

(… & the other handsome little man in my life!)




Last week, Dad & I were able to go on a little get-away. My brother (Scott) & his wife (Jodi) came to Arizona for a little vacation & we all met up in Sedona. Scott & Jodi live just outside Minneapolis & they had been looking so forward to coming out to Arizona. As I had talked & texted with them over the past few months - you could just hear the weariness of the winter & the extreme cold temperatures (I’ve been informed the term ‘polar-vortex’ is now considered a bad word/term. . !). So wouldn’t you know that the week they came . . . Sedona’s weather took a turn for the colder side. One evening - as we had been waiting for a little rain to start, we were watching television & Scott stepped out to go over to their unit for something, & immediately after he stepped outside, i heard a knock on the door & I could hear him outside saying that we didn’t have to worry about it raining. . . As I opened the door - bless his heart - there he stood & there were snowflakes falling all around! I will never forget the pitiful look on his face! Thankfully, it didn’t stick & they were good sports about it all - stating they must be to blame & had brought the cold with them!

We had a wonderful time though, getting to visit & catch up. One day we took a little trip to Jerome, AZ - an old mining town that was built - literally on the side if a small mountain. (There are lots of steps to get from one street to the next!) We had lunch at a restaurant that my Dad remembered from many years ago & that pleased him so.) Plus, the views were beautiful!

The overall scenery in & around Sedona are incredibly stunning. . . Scott & Jodi had found a favorite trail to see the sunset & they took us there. Even driving into town about a few miles after getting off the highway - you take a turn around a bend in the road & the red rocks suddenly appear & it literally takes your breath away! I will certainly be taking more trips up to Sedona.

Right after arriving back home, we celebrated Bailey’s birthday. He is eight years old! He’s now officially my ‘big boy’. . . & I can’t believe how fast time has flown by. (sigh)

Although I haven’t made my way out to the garage to begin my spring cleaning out there, I did dip into my wool & I made up some wonderfully spring-y wool bundles. So for those of you who have asked me about the wool colors I used for the wool pennies on my ‘Spring Tulips’ design. . . these are a perfect set of hand-dyed wool colors for this design & any design that you want to use fresh, spring colors in 100% wool.

So, that catches me up with the blog-o-sphere. Here’s hoping I make it out to actually start my work re-arranging in the garage before my next post. (!)


Bren

2 comments:

Louise said...

What beautiful photos you have shared with us today! Love the photo of your Dad. You are right about Sedona and the gorgeous red canyons. Our daughter was married there a few years ago. We are about due for another visit.

Chris said...

Hi Bren, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/