Monday, November 7, 2016

:: New patterns, new fabric collection, & catch up!

This 'keeping-up' thing is really testing me... & I do believe I'm pretty much failing, but I'm ready to throw in the towel yet on blogging. I know that there are some of you (bless you) who do still read my blog & don't really do Instagram (which is my main form of posting these days) - so I'm going to keep trying to keep things going here.

Thanks for hanging in there with me.

To catch up - my fabric line, Fleurs, is now in shops (or arriving soon for international shops) & I just got back from Fall Quilt Market, where my next fabric collection with Moda - called Guernsey debuted. (I'll share more about Guernsey soon... this one has a fun back story..)  



With a new fabric collection - are new quilts. I had a lot of fun with these. One design which has been in my head for several years - is called Morning Star. I have wanted to do a gingham star design, & when I designed the scrappy version of Morning Star - I realized that I could do my gingham version as well! The best part about this star design is that it is made all from half-square triangle units & triangles (& there are no Y-seams!)


The other design (which has also been playing around in my head for awhile) is called Quilt Baskets. The full size is based on a classic basket block with fun quilt block/emblems in each one. You can pick & choose the blocks you like best & make this quilt unique to you. There's also a mini size that is well... just cute & fun!


Next is Nottingham. Some of you might remember Nottingham from many years back. I had 'retired' it, but kept having requests for it, & since the design is perfect to use with the main floral in my Guernsey collection - it is back - in both a classic black version & a soft version as well. (I just couldn't help myself!) The fun part of this is that Moda chose the soft version to kit & so it will be available (with one of those wonderful Moda kit boxes!) in April. (I will be carrying them in the web shop - so if you would like to pre-order one - send me an email (brendariddledesigns@comcast.net)  & I will get back to you with the details.)


The forth new pattern is called Puddin' Pie. It's just a fun - one block design that has so much flexibility. I can see this in all sorts of color ways & fabric styles & it works wonderfully with all of them. I ended up putting my Puddin' Pie quilt on my tabletop in my booth at Market  & was a bit worried it might get overlook... but I'm happy to say that even down on the table it garnered plenty of attention!


The final quilt I made with my Guernsey collection is my Betsy's Closet - In Stitches. That little girl has continued to be a continuous best seller & so I thought is would be nice to give her little wardrobe a color update. So, using the colors of Guernsey - Betsy's Closet got a little sprucing-up, with a little French & English influence! The fun part about this is that there will be a Cosmo Embroidery Floss Collection that works perfectly with Betsy's Closet - In Stitches! It will contain all twelve colors used & we will be kitting the little quilt as soon as they are available. (Keep checking back!)


All the patterns are available on the website as paper patterns & PDFs... & the best part is they are also on sale as part of my 'Gratitude' sale!




I'm so thankful for you... & want you to know that when I count my blessings... I count you!

Bren


2 comments:

Jenny said...

Good Morning Bren,
I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for posting on your blog! I love your posts and your quilt patterns and fabric lines have always inspired me!

Your new fabric lines Fleur's is just beautiful and I must admit Guernsey has caught my attention because I just finished reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society and loved it.

Your patterns are beautiful....I always have a soft spot for basket quilts...grins...and Nottingham is just lovely and such a "Jenny" quilt!

I hope you have a good day filled with things that bring you joy. I think I will have to give Instgram a try!

Hugs!

moosecraft said...

Fun new patterns and love the fabric too! Nottingham and Pudding Pie are my picks! :-)