Tuesday, November 18, 2014

:: oops. . .






… Oops for the amount of time since my last post…

… & oops for my owie that I did last week. I fell at my 'big-girl' job… & what I first thought was just a bad sprain, ended up being a broken arm/wrist. 
My left arm/wrist.
… & yes, I'm a lefty.

I did it on Wednesday, & went to Urgent Care on Friday, when the swelling got a bit worse.
(… & actually, I was just going - just in case… I really didn't think it was broken… & when the doctor came back into the room after looking at the x-rays … I didn't believe him at first!)

So for now, it is in a splint (wow are they ever fancy these days!), & I go to see an orthopedic doctor tomorrow to probably get it in a cast, & also find out how long  I will need to live without doing any handwork, cutting, sewing…. (sigh.) It's amazing how many things we take for granted getting to use both hands!… I am doing my best to get creative about how to accomplish the simplest of tasks!

I'll be back in a few days with some updates  (I still need to share about Fall Quilt Market!) to this poor neglected blog & to make an announcement or  two…

Until then - take good care!

Bren

5 comments:

Darlene said...

Ouchie!!! Take good care, Brenda.

K Cotton said...

Oh my! I'm so sorry to hear that you broke your arm. It must be so hard for you not to be able to do what you want to do! Even with a little cut on my finger, I struggled to make a quilt!
I hope you recover soon. We all want to see your beautiful creation.
-Keiko

LindaSonia said...

So sorry about your accident, but can I just say that I LOVE the quilted piece in that photo of your splint and also the piece you are standing on. Beautiful! :) Take care!!

Louise said...

Oh dear not good news Bren. But think about all the books you can catch up on..I will try and do enough stitching for the both of us...take care and heal well.f

Mad about Craft said...

Oh dear! Just a thought, is it a good idea to get checked out for osteoporosis?