Saturday, August 15, 2009

… peekin' time!


These photos have been sitting in a file on my computer for over a week now. . . so I suppose it's time I get them posted. . . & give you a little (well. . . a big one really) sneak peek of my new design called, "Cottage Sweet Home".

It's made of mostly fabrics from Bonnie & Camille's wonderful line for Moda - 'Simple Abundance', with a few fabrics from my stash thrown in. You'll notice. . . my use of 'Simple Abundance' will look quite a but different than most other's . . . once I saw those softer colors in the line - the warm peachy pink, the yellow, the beautiful blue & all of them in the great stripe in the line. . . I knew they were the fabrics for this quilt!

I've wanted to do this bicycle for the longest time! It's been spinning around in my little brain for a couple of years now! (I did some fussy-cutting with a little Lecien floral for the flowers in the basket.



. . . & of course, there had to be an acorn in there somewhere!


Here's the front door/stoop. (I'm a sucker for gingerbread detail on houses & cottages!)


I also have a love for adirondack chairs. . . this one has a little 'stuffed' pillow. . . for comfort of course! (I added some batting under the pillow appliqué, & my quilter will add some 'fold lines' with her quilting & then hopefully the chair pillow will look extra comfy!)


Of course there is some embroidery. . . just for fun! . . .


. . . But I also think that embroidery can add such wonderful details. . .


You've seen the window & window box before. . . & here's the little birdhouse too. . .


. . . & here's the whole "kit & caboodle" (as my Mom used to say!). . . with the little picket fence border. . . just before the quilt tops final pressing & then it was off to Nubin! (my wonderful quilter!)



I can't wait to see what she does with it!

Today I'm in the studio. . . playing with my own fabrics! I actually cut into them yesterday morning. . . (eeek!) . . . & had a little over 100 half square triangles before I went to bed. . .

I don't think I've ever enjoyed making half square triangles (trimming & everything) - as I did yesterday!

:o)

xo, Bren

25 comments:

Sherri said...

Oh, it's absolutely gorgeous! What a wonderful design! And i can't imagine anything more fun than working with your own fabrics!

Jody said...

Ditto! The chair in and of itself is an inspiration! Plus as a cyclist I'm especially fond of the bike....thanks for making my day!
Jody (and Katie, too)

Camille said...

Gorgeous!! I love it! Absolutely perfect...

•stephanie• said...

the details are amazing.
utterly amazing!

PamKittyMorning said...

Its weepy cut Brenda! LOVE IT.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I can't wait to see what your quilter does with that lovely applique creation either!!

CuteStuffInside said...

Ooooooo!

S.W.A.K.

Jodi Nelson said...

That quilt is so Fantastic Bren! LOVE it. And the use of Bonnie and Camille's fabrics is fabulous. ooxx`jodi

MahQuilter said...

Another have to have to say the least. Love it!

Auntie Pami said...

Oh my goodness--you are so adorable! I love that bicycle too! I'm still trying to decide if I want a pink or aqua bike. I really do need a new one! Love, love, love this! I guess I really do have to get busy at honing my applique skills!

Vicky said...

I absolutely LOVE this quilt! OMG, I can't wait to get my hands on that one! Beautiful!

I'm so excited for you - working with your very own fabrics! Can't imagine it gets any better than that! Enjoy! You deserve it!!

xox

Dawn said...

Bren~
These are just the sweetest things!!!!
Love that mail box...and bike...and....

Sherrill said...

ADORABLE!!

Rochelle said...

Wow, that is beautiful. Great detail. I can't wait to see what your quilter does with it. Just stunning.

Sinta Renee said...

Bren- your quilt is absolutely adorable! How sweet in every little detail-I love it!!!

Nanette Merrill said...

So Bren, how did you learn to applique so incredibly perfectly? I'm so so so impressed. YOur work is amazing. I love it all. The fabrics are perfect. Super super job.

Lori Holt said...

Very cute Brenda!!! I really like it all especially the bike...I have appliqued a few bikes for my patterns but not a pink one...too cute!
I'm sure you are having fun working with your own fabrics...I can't wait to see what you do with it!
x Lori

Anne Sutton said...

Bren, this is just adorable! I think this may be your best one yet! Perfect applique! It's just beautiful. Congratulations!

happy zombie said...

Oh, oh, oh, oh Brenda... this is a masterpiece! I just want to move into your quilt! And the bicycle is my favorite - I want that bike parked in my garden. Like Pam... I want to weep it's so cute!!!

Ina said...

i love it!! so warm and sentimental. :)

Mary's Cottage Quilts said...

Oh Brenda,
You always "wow" me with your amazing quilts! The detail is awesome! I can't wait to see what Nubin does with it either!! AND I can't wait to see it in person.
mary

Nicole said...

Words fail. This is just stunning. I don't know when I have seen anything more adorable.

paulette said...

Gorgeous work! Can't wait until all the blocks are assembled!!
Paulette

Debbie said...

I can't wait to see it done! I wan tthis pattern! So Cute!

Unknown said...

I love your quilt... its amazing...
What a wonderful designs!


--
Michell
Are you scared to be alone at home need security