Saturday, August 15, 2009

… peekin' time!


These photos have been sitting in a file on my computer for over a week now. . . so I suppose it's time I get them posted. . . & give you a little (well. . . a big one really) sneak peek of my new design called, "Cottage Sweet Home".

It's made of mostly fabrics from Bonnie & Camille's wonderful line for Moda - 'Simple Abundance', with a few fabrics from my stash thrown in. You'll notice. . . my use of 'Simple Abundance' will look quite a but different than most other's . . . once I saw those softer colors in the line - the warm peachy pink, the yellow, the beautiful blue & all of them in the great stripe in the line. . . I knew they were the fabrics for this quilt!

I've wanted to do this bicycle for the longest time! It's been spinning around in my little brain for a couple of years now! (I did some fussy-cutting with a little Lecien floral for the flowers in the basket.



. . . & of course, there had to be an acorn in there somewhere!


Here's the front door/stoop. (I'm a sucker for gingerbread detail on houses & cottages!)


I also have a love for adirondack chairs. . . this one has a little 'stuffed' pillow. . . for comfort of course! (I added some batting under the pillow appliqué, & my quilter will add some 'fold lines' with her quilting & then hopefully the chair pillow will look extra comfy!)


Of course there is some embroidery. . . just for fun! . . .


. . . But I also think that embroidery can add such wonderful details. . .


You've seen the window & window box before. . . & here's the little birdhouse too. . .


. . . & here's the whole "kit & caboodle" (as my Mom used to say!). . . with the little picket fence border. . . just before the quilt tops final pressing & then it was off to Nubin! (my wonderful quilter!)



I can't wait to see what she does with it!

Today I'm in the studio. . . playing with my own fabrics! I actually cut into them yesterday morning. . . (eeek!) . . . & had a little over 100 half square triangles before I went to bed. . .

I don't think I've ever enjoyed making half square triangles (trimming & everything) - as I did yesterday!

:o)

xo, Bren

25 comments:

Sherri said...

Oh, it's absolutely gorgeous! What a wonderful design! And i can't imagine anything more fun than working with your own fabrics!

Jody said...

Ditto! The chair in and of itself is an inspiration! Plus as a cyclist I'm especially fond of the bike....thanks for making my day!
Jody (and Katie, too)

Camille said...

Gorgeous!! I love it! Absolutely perfect...

Stephanie said...

the details are amazing.
utterly amazing!

PamKittyMorning said...

Its weepy cut Brenda! LOVE IT.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I can't wait to see what your quilter does with that lovely applique creation either!!

CuteStuffInside said...

Ooooooo!

S.W.A.K.

Jodi @ Simply This and That said...

That quilt is so Fantastic Bren! LOVE it. And the use of Bonnie and Camille's fabrics is fabulous. ooxx`jodi

Mahladybug said...

Another have to have to say the least. Love it!

Auntie Pami said...

Oh my goodness--you are so adorable! I love that bicycle too! I'm still trying to decide if I want a pink or aqua bike. I really do need a new one! Love, love, love this! I guess I really do have to get busy at honing my applique skills!

Vicky said...

I absolutely LOVE this quilt! OMG, I can't wait to get my hands on that one! Beautiful!

I'm so excited for you - working with your very own fabrics! Can't imagine it gets any better than that! Enjoy! You deserve it!!

xox

Dawn said...

Bren~
These are just the sweetest things!!!!
Love that mail box...and bike...and....

Sherrill said...

ADORABLE!!

Rochelle said...

Wow, that is beautiful. Great detail. I can't wait to see what your quilter does with it. Just stunning.

Sinta Renee said...

Bren- your quilt is absolutely adorable! How sweet in every little detail-I love it!!!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

So Bren, how did you learn to applique so incredibly perfectly? I'm so so so impressed. YOur work is amazing. I love it all. The fabrics are perfect. Super super job.

Lori Holt said...

Very cute Brenda!!! I really like it all especially the bike...I have appliqued a few bikes for my patterns but not a pink one...too cute!
I'm sure you are having fun working with your own fabrics...I can't wait to see what you do with it!
x Lori

Anne Sutton said...

Bren, this is just adorable! I think this may be your best one yet! Perfect applique! It's just beautiful. Congratulations!

happy zombie said...

Oh, oh, oh, oh Brenda... this is a masterpiece! I just want to move into your quilt! And the bicycle is my favorite - I want that bike parked in my garden. Like Pam... I want to weep it's so cute!!!

Ina said...

i love it!! so warm and sentimental. :)

Mary's Cottage Quilts said...

Oh Brenda,
You always "wow" me with your amazing quilts! The detail is awesome! I can't wait to see what Nubin does with it either!! AND I can't wait to see it in person.
mary

Nicole said...

Words fail. This is just stunning. I don't know when I have seen anything more adorable.

paulette said...

Gorgeous work! Can't wait until all the blocks are assembled!!
Paulette

Debbie said...

I can't wait to see it done! I wan tthis pattern! So Cute!

Michell said...

I love your quilt... its amazing...
What a wonderful designs!


--
Michell
Are you scared to be alone at home need security

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails