Thursday, April 22, 2010

daybook ::16::


for today :: April 22, 2010

outside my window. . .  the sun is peeking through . . supposed to get rain today. . . but the sun is doing it's darndest to put it's mark on the morning.

I am thinking. . . of how wonderful so many of you are - with your sweet  comments & emails from my last post. Thank you for your encouragement & virtual hugs!

from the kitchen. . .  coffee . . . so far (big surprise ☺) . . .  oatmeal sprinkled with cinnamon is going to be happening for breakfast as soon as I post this. (yum!)

I am wearing. . . my jammies. . .(still! - I need to get into a higher gear!. . .) 

I am creating. . . the free-pattern quilt for my new fabric line. . .

I am remembering. . .  that God's provision is just what I need . . . when I need it.

I am reading. . .  A Lineage of Grace (Francine Rivers)

I am hoping . . .  to get all my walking in this week.

I am hearing. . . Dad. . . in the kitchen. . . washing his hair in the sink. (part of his daily ritual)

around the house. . . looks incredibly uncluttered after the garage sale last weekend. . . love this feeling!

I am going. . . to run a few errands, then get back into the studio where bolts are calling my name!

one of my favorite things. . .   all the wonderful real winter & spring weather we are having this year. It's late April & there are still patches of snow on the mountains, & we are having a couple of days this week where we will only be in the 60's! (That's amazing for us! - we are often steadily in the 90's by now!)

a few plans for the rest of the week. . .  sewing, quilting, stitching, pattern writing, sewing, quilting, stitching, pattern writing, sewing, quilting, stitching, pattern writing. . .  (just like last week - welcome to the weeks before Quilt Market!

from my picture journal. . .


. . . one of the blossoming bushes in the back yard. I love the puffs of blue blossoms!

I hope you have a wonderful spring day!
 ♥  Bren

3 comments:

quilting chick said...

I tried to leave a comment on your last post and it didn't want to work. I'm not sure what you're facing but I do want you to know you are not alone. I wish I could sit down and talk with you. I love your blog and know we would have much to talk about and laugh and cry together and be soul mates forever--I know I'm dreaming but anyhoo my parents are both 87 and live in IN and I live in WA so I feel guilty for not being there to
help altho at this point they are still living on their own but I'm not sure they should be. Dad especially has something going on and it is hard to watch and be helpless to do anything. Physically they are great--Memory is the hard part...I say all this to say my prayers and love are with you- Hugs, Marietta

Dawn said...

I enjoyed your entry!
Have a nice Saturday...
xo

Samantha said...

90 degrees sounds nice right about now. I had to put the heat on this morning, it is chilly and rainy here. I am also spending my days writing patterns- yuck! My least favorite part.... But I finished one this afternoon which makes me feel good, now I am about to start another...
Take care, hope all is well with you.