Friday, March 19, 2010

… a pre-Market peek

I got the go-ahead from Lecien - so I wanted to give you a peek at my upcoming line that will be introduced at Spring Quilt Market. . .


My bolts arrived about a week ago. . .



And, even though I had a couple of other projects already started - that I was making myself finish before starting 'playing' with my new fabrics - I couldn't help opening every bolt & cut some sample pieces - so that I could really 'see' the designs in something bigger than the strike offs(!) . .  & get scans of each one into my computer. . .


I had such fun.. . . (& squealed a few times too!)

One of the reasons for that is the history behind this line.  You see, this is actually a line that has a history with Lecien. They have produced 'The Durham Collection' for several years. . . & it was this particular line - with it's sun-washed, vintage look that grabbed my attention several years ago - & introduced me to Lecien & their wonderful fabrics. . .

Then, last spring, just as the approval for the final strike-offs for my first line (Celebration) was given, & as they were just going to the mill for production. . . I got a call from Lecien & they asked if I would be interested in taking over the Durham Collection line. . .

Would I be interested?

Um,  yes. . . Oh Yes!!!!. . . (I finally said after peeling myself off the ceiling. . . !)

. . . Then - I have to admit  - I got really nervous. I had loved this line for years & I wanted to be sure to do it justice to the direction of the original lines. Their classic soft, vintage look. . . The look of fabrics that you would find on a treasured antique quilt. . . that had been wash & set out on the line outdoors to dry & have the colors to fade ever so softly. . . I wanted to be sure that the tradition of the Durham line be honored as well as be added to in subtle ways.

But, after hours & hours on the computer, playing with florals & images from vintage pieces I had collected. . . the newest Durham Collection came to be. This Durham line is also getting it's own special name as well. . . it is called,
'The Durham Collection - Anew'.

Sigh. Somebody pinch me.

Now, I know that this soft, sun-washed palette will not appeal to everyone - but I love it. . . & can't wait to make lot's of designs with it. . .! 

So here it is. . . your special little peek!


(If you would like to see a little bigger version of this flyer - click here & you can see it on the website as well. . . (I'm not sure how big it will get by clicking on the flyer. . . but you can try that too.)

Lecien will be 'officially' be introducing the fabrics to quilt shops in Minneapolis, at Spring Quilt Market - so if you are a shop & are interested - please be sure to stop by the Lecien booth to see the line (& any of my new designs with it) &/or you can contact Lecien to see the line after Market!

So, there's what I've been working on. . . ! Hopefully soon there will be more peeks. . . of new projects using all these wonderful prints! (Just in time for spring & summer!)

 Bren

31 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Lord those are gorgeous!!

rachel griffith said...

absolutely beautiful.

Vicky said...

The fabrics are truly stunning. I'm so glad you let the old cat out of the bag! You are such an amazing designer. It's not surprising that they would choose you to take over Durham!! Congrats!!! (Now can I blog about them, too, please??) ;)

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Breathtaking..Simply breathtaking!

Lynette Anderson said...

Oh Bren, Durham Collection Anew, takes my breath away its so pretty and you have captured the essence of faded brilliantly. can hardly wait to get my hands on some.
Lynettex

Sherri said...

So romantic and beautiful...I'm so happy for you...loveliness defined!

Cathy said...

Wow, they are beautiful! Can't wait 'til they are in the quilt shops. I've been a fan of the Durham Collection fabrics for a few years and have lots of uses to put the new designs to.

Cara said...

OMG!! Bren these are beautiful! I love the Durham lines and it was my introduction to Lecien fabrics too! Cannot wait to get some and see it in all it's glory at market!
Congrats!!

Sinta Renee said...

Precious group Brenda. You designed an absolutely-one-of-the-sweetest-groups I have ever seen. You should give yourself a pat on the back!

Sewn With Grace said...

Congratulations! It is stunning. I am in love with it already. You must have had such a fun time designing it. How wonderful to see all your hard work come to fruition. God has certainly blessed the work of your hands. I can't wait to use it!

deborah said...

Beautiful...can't you imagine a bedroom full of this fabric and how calming and charming it would be? Love, love, love it!

Sherri said...

I absolutely love this line!!! I can't wait to get some of this when it comes out!!! You did an excellent job on this, I know you worked hard on it, it looks devine!!! I can just see a sweet baby quilt getting made from this!! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely beautiful, what an honour! I am definitely buying the full range and will make a grandmother's flower garden with these fabrics. They are so lovely. Congratulations. Ann ~ Australia

PamKittyMorning said...

Oh Brenda!Simply beautiful.

Elizabeth said...

Every single piece is so beautiful...oh, Nireko...!

Thimbleanna said...

Congratulations Bren -- they're beautiful!!!

happy zombie said...

Oh Bren, oh Bren, oh Bren! I've been squealing and haven't stopped! Breathtaking and beautiful!!!

Jodi Nelson said...

Simply Gorgeous! It's absolutely beautiful! Congrats!!!!

SarahB said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I want each and every piece!

Anonymous said...

They are so soft and beautiful, it kind of makes me melt a little. :)

Sparky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

Squealing with delight & anticipation here. Wonder if ther'll be charm packs anywhere as I'm seeing a charm quilt in these beautifully soft colours ...
How proud you must be, & rightly so!
Chris x

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Congratulations on another winning line Bren! It's beautiful.

Rosa said...

Those are soft and beautiful.Congratulation on another winning line.

Sarah Greider said...

Gasp! So, so beautiful.

pdudgeon said...

beautiful, Bren, simply beauiful! you know i'll be buying all of it when it comes out.
pam

luvtoquilt said...

I love it-- this fabric is crying out to be made into quilts -- good job!

Margot Languedoc said...

So Pretty!!! I can’t wait to see this beautiful collection in person. Just lovely Brenda!

Marcia W. said...

Such soft lovely fabrics -- you achieved the look you wrote that you wanted.

Marcia W. said...

very pretty

Mary's Cottage Quilts said...

Hey!!! I must have been absent the day this post came out!!! I am SO excited about this!! I have loved the Durham Collection too and I JUST KNOW it will continue to dazzle with you taking it over!! Can't wait to see it!!!
Mary