Sunday, February 27, 2011

. . . our little piece of winter. . .

I know that many of you have had so much snow that you don't want to even think about getting any more. . . but this morning. . . here in Tucson,  Arizona . . . this is what we woke up to. . . & we are very excited!





Bailey didn't seem to mind it at all!. . . 


. . . he came out with me (me still in my jammies!) to the front yard to capture all we could. These were taken a little after 6 am. . . &  although the sun hadn't risen yet, I wanted to get as many photos as I could, because I knew that the soft fluffy snowflakes could turn to rain at any moment.

Here's my sweet little rosemary topiary at the from walk. . .


. . . & here's a shot of our street . . . no drifts (not even close!). . . but we are loving our  up to 1" . . . & it has sparked our wonderment & awe of the beauty of it all. . .


. . . & we will be needing to rely on our memories of it all. . . as it will be in the mid-70's by mid-week!  (. . . I just love winter here!) 
 Bren  


10 comments:

pdudgeon said...

beautiful pics! i'm so glad that you got some snow to enjoy this year.

Guess what! i've pulled out my Celebration fabrics and am working on a quilt for them, using the pattern "Summer Wind" from Miss Rosie's quilt co.
pam

PamKittyMorning said...

We were supposed to get some snow but it didn't work out.. glad to see you got some. It looks pretty and that's just the right amount don't you think?

momto2wasd said...

We've had two or three inches of snow where I am in the Seattle area this week, and I love the way it looks! It's probably pretty rare in Arizona, isn't it? I'm a little jealous of the mid 70's this week for you though!

Vicky said...

Lucky you! There was an itty bitty chance we would get some, but it didn't get quite cold enough. I just posted a couple of pictures of the local mountains that I snapped on the way to the market this morning. Bailey looks so cute out there! (Hugs)

Anne said...

Beautiful! I know how exciting it can be to see the snow. Bet the snowbirds aren't too happy right now. Wish we were going into the 70's this week. Probably won't see those temps till May. Grrr

RoseMary said...

I used to live in Tucson many years ago and miss it very much at times.
I was watching golf today with my hubby and saw that it was snow, we have too much in Ohio, would love to send some more your way.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That's my kind of winter!

Sewn With Grace said...

It is very pretty and it's pretty here too, it's just the grey days. On the days when the sun is shining and the snow is sparkling like diamonds, I can hardly take it all in. So glad you got to have some snow too!

Irishgirlsews said...

Even though it is short lived, it is beautiful. Glad you are enjoying it.
Wendy

suz said...

That's the way I'd like winter to be, not the feet of snow and the 6" "dustings"! Your topiary looks like a fancy cupcake!