Tuesday, January 8, 2013

… giving it a try



It's not my thing really. . .
. . . working with  the 'techie' side of my website.
But, I do feel better knowing that I have a little bit
of knowledge & can work on things if I really needed to.

I didn't design or install my website,
(I had someone who knew what they were doing!)
but I do the adding of items & pages. . .
So. . . when it came time to make some of my patterns available as pdf's,
I decided that I would try & do it all myself.

Tweaking & creating the patterns in a pdf format was no problem,
. . . & I found the company that has the software that works with my website host. . .
. . . but now there is all this uploading to what I refer to as 'the guts' of the website. . .
. . . & honestly, it's taking every brain cell I have.

So, of course. . .
 . . I'm taking a break!

I thought I'd pop in & say "hi!".
. . . & here's a peek at what I'm working on. . .
(. . . & wish I could be working on today!)


. . . more on these soon!

As for the pdf pattern versions. . .
Hopefully I will get it all worked out by week's end,
& they will be available on the website.
(Prayers welcome!)

Bren

9 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

You are brave working on those techy things. I really like the stitching you are working on.

Sue said...

I don't think I have the know-how to do any of the techie things. Good that you are learning how to do it.

Looks like the things you are working on are going to be just great!

Happy days!

suz said...

this is the time that knowing a third grader really helps! Good luck.

Jenny said...

Good luck! It's tough to learn how to deal with the guts of a website but you are going to feel so proud and accomplished and self-sufficient once you get it done. It's a great feeling to "outsmart" the computer!

Vicky said...

Again, you're my hero du jour! I tried to fool with the guts once and the whole thing ended up being spayed!

Louise said...

You know Bren my head hurts just reading about it! As for PDFs, I like them. Have ordered
Patterns using this method and like the fact that I can have the pattern in my
Hot little hands quickly.

Anne said...

Your pattern in wool? Wow wow...love it!

Auntie Pami said...

Nice! I'd help with the techie stuff but I am just a bit too far, one of these days..

Delcia R. said...

I like a PDF for getting it quickly, but STILL love having the nicer "printed "professionally" copy. Great quilt design--looks like two different seasonal color schemes; I love both looks! Wish I had one eensie bit of your saavy with the computer when it comes--I laughted out loud at Vicky's comment (#5)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails