Friday, April 30, 2021

Grace upon Grace

When finally sitting myself down to write this post, I checked back on the last journal post I did to announce a fabric collection - which was for Dover - & I had to laugh because I was also late in writing a post about Dover - & also at the date… which was also April 21. There must be something about this date where I finally get my act together(!) (By the way… what ever happened to me doing a post about my Sophie fabric collection…! (Sorry Sophie!)


So… needless to say - even though I’m late in introducing my next collection… I am beyond happy to introduce you to Grace! 🌸

Because I’m a little late in getting the word out - I’ve seen some social media posts about Grace (…thank you to Moda & some of the quilt shops that have ordered Grace!) - & what’s been fun is to read how folks are finding somethings that are very familiar about Grace… & they are right!


Grace actually had a different working name in its creation. I was referring to it as ‘Return to Ambleside’… as well as ‘Ambleside’s little sister’.  That’s because that over the seven years since the release of Ambleside, my first collection with Moda, I have continually been asked if folks could still find Ambleside fabrics. So, when it came time to design this collection, I chose a few prints from Ambleside - resized them (to keep it fun!) - & then added some fun new prints. I worked with the same colorways that I used for Ambleside - so it will work wonderfully for the folks who have been holding on to their Ambleside bundles & scraps. Or, if you missed out on the original Ambleside - Grace is just as charming & sweet!


I have to admit that when it came time to renaming this collection, I tossed out a couple of options… but I knew that ‘Grace’ was the perfect name. Also, because we submit collections about a year before they are introduced - I was working on this collection during the time period of my Dad’s passing. With all the events of the past year, it has made me reflect - quite a lot - on all the blessings in my life, & for how thankful I am for God’s grace & how much comfort it continually brings  me. (On top of that - the hymn, ‘Amazing Grace’, was one of the songs my Dad had requested for his memorial service. For the service, his great-grandchildren were the ones who led the congregation in singing the song together - & that memory, & the words to the hymn have brought so much joy in this past year.



So, for those reasons, my Grace collection is a very special one for me. But also, because it is ‘related’ to Ambleside - it holds a special place in my heart. As I mentioned, Ambleside was my first collection with Moda, and the story of how that happened has ‘grace’ written all over it. One day, I will share how that happened… but for now, I’m just so pleased to carry on the legacy into this fabric collection. I can honestly say it has captured my heart & brings me such joy.


I hope that you will also enjoy Grace & create something that brings joys in the years to come.


Grace is being shown to shops now (so don’t delay & let your local quilt shop know if you would like them to carry it!), & is scheduled to arrive in August 2021.


I will have the new quilt designs & information about pre-ordering some Grace pre-cuts posted to the website tomorrow - so be sure to check them out! (There will only be a couple of days to pre-order bundles…!)


Here’s to Grace!! 


🌱 Bren


1 comment:

Ila K. said...

As luck would have it, I had some precuts of Ambleside purchased for a class, and languishing in the UFO stack. I'm determined to re-purpose them in a project that's more to my current style and might need some pieces to fill in the gaps! Glad to see this, and will keep my eye out for it.

Can you suggest a Moda Bella color to go with these collections, in the Cobblestone-colorway vein, to use as a background?