Sunday, August 15, 2021

:: Lots of Grace & Cottage Linen Closet quilts!

Today I’m back with some new patterns that have been released for a couple of months (these are the ones for my Grace collection) & then some even newer patterns that I created using my Cottage Linen Closet collection. And, while Cottage Linen Closet is just now being shown to shops (be sure to let your local quilt shop know if you want them to carry it…! Now’s the time!) - I think that all of these patterns would look great in any of my fabric collections - (or a mixture of them!)

For these first four patterns - these are the ones that feature my Grace fabric collection. I tried to use several precuts - if you are one that likes the convenience & a little head-start that some of the pre-cuts have. (But please know that you can also easily use cut yardage to make any of these too!

So here’s the ‘Grace’ patterns…!

Coming Home ~  That place that we all come home to... no matter where we my go. Sometimes it’s a home with a roof & walls, sometimes it’s a group of friends, & often times it’s with family. ‘Coming Home’ reminds me of coming back home... in big & small ways, and celebrating the homecomings our hearts long for.

Coming Home quilt measures 87” x 87”.


Emmie ~  You just know that I would need to have a quilt named Emmie sooner or later! I chose this sweet star flower design because it was just so cheerful & sweet… & well that fits my Emmie perfectly! There are three options & two sizes included in my Emmie pattern, so you can make anything from a baby quilt, table topper, wall quilt, or what I like to call a snuggle size.

Emmie quilts measure 48” x 48” (2 options) - or 60” x 60”

Grace ~  Grace. The man-made definition starts with the elegance & beauty of movement, which I have always loved about the process & choices provided when assembling log cabin blocks. This design celebrates this process.

But there’s more to ‘Grace’... The definition doesn’t end there. There is the meaning it carries of ‘grace’ being the divine, unconditional love toward a person who does not deserve it. It goes hand-in-hand with mercy. Blessings this quilt design will always remind me of. I like to think of the light & color sections working hand-in-hand... a reminder of the grace - & mercy - we all need.

Grace quilt measures 72” x 72” & uses a jelly roll (2 1/2” strips & some accent fabrics).


Fresh Picked ~  Right up there with having a needle, or a paintbrush in my hand, is having a garden trowel or pruners for my newfound love of gardening. (Especially the joy of growing (& gathering!) flowers.) ‘Fresh Picked ’ celebrates the gathering of flowers & the enjoying all the things we love to do with the works of our hands!


Fresh Picked measures 78” x 78” 


… & for the latest patterns that I designed using Cottage Linen Closet - they are designs that are classics designs & remind me of those quilts that lived on our linen closet shelves & blew in the fresh air on the clothesline. While the original quilts we are up with were ‘loved’ until they were no more - the quilts I make from these patterns will definitely be ones that live on my linen closet shelves (when not on my beds or on display!) 

Lily Corners ~  One of the quilts in the linen closet as I grew up was made by my Grandma Floye - who was a hand-quilter - & while growing up - I never knew that quilt designs had names, I remember, when I was older, a conversation with Grandma about the quilt. It was a favorite & was one that was well-worn (almost threadbare at that point of time) & she let me know that it was called ‘Lily Corners’... although she new it had another name... she couldn’t remember the name anymore. But she told me she liked the name ‘Lily Corners’ best anyway... (She was a gardener & loved her flower garden.) I love the idea of quilts & flowers together - so I give you Lily Corners!

Lily Corners quilt measures 88” x 88”


Serenity ~   This quilt design is one that was inspired by a vintage quilt top that my Mom had while I was growing up - but it never was quilted. It lived in the linen closet with all of the quilts my grandmas had made - & even though it never was completed, I always loved it. It looked so airy & cozy. So, I made this version to honor that beautiful quilt top.

Serenity quilt measures 66” x 66”

Sentimental Nines ~  It’s not a big secret... I love me a good nine patch quilt. There were several in my Mom’s linen closet (& all well-’loved’). I love the simplicity of them & the movement they bring to a quilt design, & when it came time to design my own... I couldn’t make up my mind as to the size & style... so I included several options, & while I made them very scrappy - they would all look amazing as two color quilts as well. I hope you love them as much as I do!

Sentimental Nines quilts measure - A - 66” x 66”, B - 42” x 42”, C - 90” x 90”, D - 57” x 57”

The Picnic ~  One of the quilts I grew up with was always the one that my Mom would use for church picnics & outings. I remember it having one main fabric in the middle & patchwork ‘diamonds’ on the edges... & I always thought it was so special.As I learned more about quilting, I came to recognize the quilt center as a ‘whole-cloth’ quilt (where the quilting can shine!) & while the quilt from the linen closet had scalloped edges, I’ve streamlined & simplified this version, & show two fabric options.

The Picnic quilt measures 54” x 73”

So there you have it… the news designs! (whew!) All of them are available on the website in paper & PDF versions. (link to website in left-side column.)

(… & just a little heads up - I will be posting some pre-orders of some Cottage Linen Closet pre-cuts & kits in the next couple of days…) (whew again!)

I hope you have a great beginning of your week… as summer starts to make it’s exit for the year…! 🌿

♥︎ Bren



1 comment:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Bren:
Your patterns are going to make wonderful quilts. I'm partial to "Grace", as that was the name of my almost-mother-in-law who became "Mom" to me. It's a beautiful design, and I'll absolutely add it to my collection to create.
Hugs to you and Emmie.
xoxo
Donna