Saturday, February 24, 2024

:: New Patterns featuring Georgia!

 When working with a collection that has a special meaning to me, as my Georgia collection does, it made deciding on the projects that feature the collection a little special too. In my previous post, I wrote about my ‘Remember ‘Whooo’ Loves You’ quilt, & so I wanted to introduce the remaining quilts (& a stitchery) in this post.

First up is ‘Cherish’. The name came from a song (by the Lettermen) that I would hear on the radio when I was growing up & have always loved, & the name seemed perfect for a quilt that features fabrics named after my Mom. (… Although it would also be beautiful in so many different colorways - &/or scrappy!) It is based on a classic quilt block & is the kind of block that I refer to asl a ‘puzzle block’… which means you don’t really see the entire design until the blocks come together. (I love those kind of designs.)  

Next is ‘Field of Stars’. What I love about this one is the options. (… & the classic stars!) The star blocks are created so that you can enjoy making this quilt no matter if you are a beginner - or if you are an experienced quilter (or anywhere in-between!) What I want to encourage anyone making this quilt is to make it your own. 


The star centers can be either a single square - featuring the fabrics you are using, or you can choose from any of the fifteen pieced options for the star centers. When I started quilting, I always changed the design a little & made my own, & I really hope this pattern encourages folks to do just that & end up with a quilt that is uniquely theirs.

One of my ‘collections’ I have is one of baskets… many of them I found with my Mom while out & about. We always said that there could never be too many baskets & that there’s always room for one (or two!) more - especially if they were little ones. So the next design, ‘Little Baskets’ celebrates the little baskets that can be tucked into your home… either as open vessels, ready for whatever treasures they might hold for you - or as I liked to do - to place a little greenery or flower sprig to bring a little of the outdoors into your home. 

Using a Layer Cake - or even scraps from your stash is a great way to make a ‘Little Baskets’ quilt of your own!  

And finally… a long overdue stitchery (embroidery) design! This one is named ‘Faith, Hope, Love’.  Inspired by one of my Mom's favorite Bible verses  - 1 Corinthians 13: 1-13. It is also one of my favorites, & I wanted something to remind me daily of the truths in this scripture passage. 


I included a pillow option in the pattern - but the stitchery framed is the perfect reminder for ourselves - or as a thoughtful gift.

12" x 16"  •  8" x 10" (stitchery)

Be sure to let your local quilt shop if you would like for them to order any of the patterns for you… & if you don’t have a local quilt shop - all of the patterns are available on my website in paper & also PDF options!


Thanks so much & I hope you enjoy these new designs. I sure had fun putting this collection together.


♥  Bren


No comments: