Thursday, May 10, 2012

… introducing Hill Farm



My I introduce my next fabric line. . . Hill Farm!

I can't wait to get my hands on these!. . . (from the bottom of my heart!) I have so many ideas & so many things I want to make these fabrics into. . .! But. . . that is still yet to come. It's looking like I won't be getting my sample fabrics until later this month, or the beginning of June. 

So, even though the fabrics will be a little late in arriving. . . Nireko (who I refer to as our Lecien 'angel'!) & I wanted to be sure you got a peek of them. So I took the little bits of strike offs (. . . & some were really little bits!)  that I had on hand & set up a little photo shoot - so that I could share some of the 'Hill Farm' love with you!
Hill Farm was borne out of my love for the fabrics that I remember from the vintage quilts in the linen closet that my Mom had received from my Grandmas. . . so it is a mix of florals, & feedsack, & vintage wallpaper type prints.

The colors (& the name) were inspired by my love of Beatrix Potter & the lovely color palette she would use in her illustrations. If you've visited my blog for any length of time, you've, no doubt, 'heard' me mention that one of my favorite movies is 'Miss Potter', & that I watch it. . . um. . . a lot. (Put it this way. . . I just re-ordered a second 'Miss Potter' dvd. . . as I'm wearing out my current dvd!) So, when it came to the colors - I drew colors from her wonderful watercolor illustrations. The name 'Hill Farm' is in homage to her farm, 'Hill Top' in the Lake District of England.

Here's my little peek for you. . .!

. . . the whites (with a touch of red). . .

. . . the pebble - stones . . .

. . . the pinks & reds . . .

. . . the yellows & greens . . .

. . . the blues . . .

. . . & just for fun. . . the gingham dots all together 
('cause I love 'em so!) . . .

. . . so there you go!

If you are going to International Quilt Market. . . Lecien probably won't have the fabric samples there yet. . . (as I still have to receive a couple of strike offs to give approval for. . .), but. . . you can still ask about them. . . (you never know!). Also, the fabrics are due to arrive late this summer/early autumn - so the Lecien reps will have the fabric samples as soon as they are available. (As well as Checker Distributors & E.E. Schenck. . . so be sure to ask them!). I will certainly let you know as soon as my sample yardage arrives!

Also, . . . look for some of my upcoming 'farmhouse collection' designs to be using 'Hill Farm'. . . (a match made in heaven!) These fabrics are perfect for creating a classic farmhouse style quilt. . .!

Thanks for hanging around for my introduction to 'Hill Farm'.
I hope you will love it as much as I do!

Bren

30 comments:

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Estarei ansiosamente esperando essa delicadeza de estampas,tenho uma neta de 21 dias e quero fazer colchas e roupinhas de passeio para ela e o meu neto de 20 meses merece também umas camisas com esses mais neutros.Obrigada e vou ficar na torcida para o seu sucesso.Beijos do Brasil

Phyllis said...

Oh, my, just lucious. I think I neeeed some!!

little acorns said...

. . . & here is the translation for tubilinha tiacarminha's comment:
I will be anxiously waiting this delicacy of prints, I have a granddaughter of 21 days and want to make bedspreads and roupinhas of stroll for it and my grandson of 20 months also deserves shirts with the these most neutral ones. Debtor and I go to be in the twisted one for its success. Kisses of Brazil

Darlene said...

Oh my goodness, be still my swooning heart! Bren this line is beautiful - can't wait to see lots more.

Jonathan said...

MMmmmmmm, so yummy! I cannot wait to get my hands on some of this! Great job Brenda!

Judy1522 said...

Beautiful Fabric!

Dawn Heese said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I really love this!

Jenny said...

Oh my wow! Hill Farm is so beautiful and sweet and precious and perfect. And the pink colorway is making me drool. I've had Miss. Potter in my NetFlix queue for a while now and you've inspired me to move it to the top of the list. If it inspired fabric that looks like that I have to see it!

Rosa said...

They are gorgeous and delighted.All color are awesome.Great line!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Such gentle colors. Very nice!

Dorian said...

These are beautiful Bren!!

Vickie E said...

I can't wait as they are lovely!

Sewn With Grace said...

Oh my gosh, I think I just fainted on my side of the screen. If they look that gorgeous on the computer I can't imagine how fabulous they are in person! Miss Potter is one of my most favorite movies as well! I'm so exited to see this fabric!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Oh Bren - you have created the most luscious line of fabric ever! I can't wait to own it! I just found out grandbaby number two is going to be a boy, so those blues will be perfect for him in October! Congratulations on hitting it out of the park with Hill Farm!

Sedjo said...

Absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to own it all! Another gorgeous line!

Vicky said...

You've done it again! The line is absolutely scrumptious! Can't wait to get my hands on it! xo

Laura K said...

Oh your fabrics are divine! I love the colors. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for them later this year. Thank you for sharing!

PamKittyMorning said...

Brenda I love it. The colors are sensational and the prints delicious! I can't wait! Xo

Birral said...

Oh my! I think I'm in love! These fabrics are beyond gorgeous...can't wait to see the wonderful patterns you come up with!
Krystena x

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Oh, yes!!! I definitely need some in my possession! Simply beautiful! Love the checks with the dots.

Kate said...

Those are just the kinds of fabric I totally love. Vintage looking, soft and feminine. Will make lovely quilts and clothes. Can't wait until it's in stores.

Melanie said...

I love your colors....One of these days I'm going to make a two color quilt using your fabrics. The tan and cream with just a touch of pink so inspires me.

luvtoquilt said...

Oh, Brenda, I absolutely LOVE this line -- can't wait to see some patterns using this!

Louise said...

Each new collection you come out with is prettier than the last one..this one does not disappoint..Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers out there and happy memories of those we have lost....

suz said...

love these fabrics! your yellows are one of the few I really like and buy. I love the gingham polka dot too!

Sherry said...

Oh, be still my heart! I don't care what kind of fabric diet I'm on - I must have these fabrics! They are gorgeous!

Birral said...

Every time I check your blog I fall further in love with this line...no fat quarters for me, I may have to buy whole yards!!
Krystena xx

Lori Kramer said...

So pretty and soft- I must make a blue dress to wear like Mrs Rabbit!

Bari Jo said...

These are just beautiful! I loved them at first sight, but then when I read your inspiration behind them, I love them even more now! I love Miss Potter, too! Cannot wait to see the fabrics and sew with them! :O) Your designs are so sweet and welcoming - like a farm house!!! I love that you have quite a quilting heritage with your grandmas - what treasures to have quilts they have made!

Samantha said...

You've done it again, Bren! (ooo did you like my little rhyme?? Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!