Tuesday, May 15, 2012

… stitching windmills


First, I just want to thank all of you who left comments & sent tweets & emails about 'Hill Farm'.
You are all so dear to share your enthusiasm & support!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Here on the home front, I've been making myself very busy (happily so!) in the studio.

I've been sewing blocks, quilting little quilts, & binding & binding quilts
. . . lots of quilts!
Some of them you will see soon. . . & some of them will have to be saved for the end of summer - when we will be starting a fun new club! (info soon. . . I promise!)

I know that for some. . . binding is a chore. . . 
. . . but I love it.

For the last week, I've been slowly working my way around this quilt. . .
It's called 'windmills'. . . & it will be the second quilt design
in the 'farmhouse collection' pattern series. 
(. . . have I mentioned how much I'm loving these quilts?!!)


I fell in love with several of the fabrics in the Cabbages & Roses fabric line, 'Athill Range' that they did with Moda.
(*edited to add - the backing fabric is from an older Moda Home fabric line, called 'Fresh Breeze'. . . one of my all time favorite fabrics. . . !)

The fabrics in 'Athill Range' were just perfect (. . . & I have to admit that I loved the little cream print & the red so much. . . that I ordered a bolt of each!)

(. . . & Cabbages & Roses next line with Moda, 'Padstow Range' is equally as wonderful & will be coming in September. . .(!))


Although initially the plan was to go. . . with no sample fabrics available yet for my new line 'Hill Farm', & so then no sample quilts made with them, I decided to not go to Quilt Market this weekend. I've been keeping myself very busy in the studio. . . but not for the Market crush that usually happens the week before. . .
(. . . maybe that's why I've been enjoying my binding time!)

Actually, I've also been loving my binding,  & quilting, & stitching time - as it has been quality thinking time. . .
. . . & in the midst of life & all it's twists & turns (. . . those kinds of turns that you can't see around & you have proceed with a lot of trust. . .), I've been thinking & focusing a lot on all the blessings I have in my life. 
I am reminded of how blessed I am.
. . . & I am so thankful.

Tomorrow morning will be a photo shoot morning.
'windmills' & the one of the quilts from the 3rd 'farmhouse collection' quilts will be having their photos taken. I'm making sure they get a good nights sleep tonight & they are spread out on the guest bed so that they can be 'wrinkle free' in the morning.

So. . . more peeks (& new designs) to come!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Bren

6 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

I love the colors and the binding!!!! Beautiful!

NanaNor's said...

Hi Bren, Oh I love your quilts-the fabrics and of course your quilting as well. You inspire me! I've actually got fabric up on a wall but need to go get more. While I was reading your post, I noticed your Bailey and for the first time went back and read posts about him. I just got a 5 mos old Bichon, Hunter, and have fallen in love with him. He is settling in nicely(I'm impressed with Bailey's sit)and we are just now working on walks; he is quite timid. Does Bailey have any food allergies-Hunter is scratching a lot and I'm trying to figure it out.
I love how much you love him-feel like we are kindred spirits. Only having Hunter for a week, I can't imagine life without him. He does whine when I'm gone, I hope that will stop as he grows more comfortable with us.
Have a great day!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I love binding my quilts too Bren. What could be better than having a nearly finished quilt on your lap to enjoy? And a club you say? Can't wait to hear more.

Louise said...

Have I mentioned how yummy delicious these fabrics are..like a sweet little dessert. If I did it gears repeating!

Darlene said...

So much exciting news! New fabric, new patterns, a new club - blissful news!!! Can't wait!

There's something about binding a quilt - more bliss. :-)

Sherry said...

I love the binding my quilts. I guess it's the finishing of a project that I love so much. Who wouldn't love binding a lovely quilt like that one! Gorgeous!