Monday, May 3, 2010

. . . a wee bit busy! . . .



. . . just like everyone else!!


It has been a busy few weeks - so I apologize for not posting very often. It's not that things haven't been happening. . . I've just not been the greatest at taking photos & honestly - I've really not been on the computer much . . except, to work on new patterns. . ! It feels like almost all I've done - blogging-wise - have been my 'daybooks' - but I will try to keep in touch a little better!


About a week ago - when I've been in the midst of stitching & stitching - I received a little package in the mail. . . full of sweet treats & sneak-peeks.



I have been using the variegated Cosmo floss (from Lecien) for one of my up-coming new designs, 'Floye's Garden', & I knew that they were adding about 80 new colors - & skein of each new one was in my little bunch of treats! Oh my!. . . I think played with them for at least 30 minutes - before I made myself put them in a basket so that I could go back to finishing some of the new projects I must get done for Market!

The new line of colors is called SEASONS. . .  & they are beyond beautiful!


See the pretty, yummy colors?


I can't wait to get started on a new project (. . . a design I have done before that  I already had planned to re-do in stitchery. . .)

Also, these little floss organizers were a part of my little package. I had asked Lecien about these & I am ordering a bunch!  I have seen vintage ones - & these capture that look - but are wonderfully sturdy . I got a peek of them & fell. in. love. I can't wait to get a bunch & to wind my pretty new flosses on them. (. . . now - I'd better get my order in!)


Oh, . . . & that design I was thinking about re-doing in stitchery?. . .


. . . my appliqué design 'Seasons'. . .

. . . Kinda perfect, don't you think? ! ?  (I can hardly wait to get started!)

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Bren

5 comments:

trish said...

What a beautiful quilt you are creating.
Sincerely ~ Tricia

Vicky said...

That embroidered quilt has intrigued me! It looks gorgeous from the tiny peeks we've been given! Your seasons quilt would be wonderful embroidered. Don't forget to stop and smell the hydrangeas in your rush to get ready for market!

Sewn With Grace said...

The floss is just beautiful, anything you use it for will come out stunning! Enjoy!

Auntie Pami said...

I adore this floss. But, I love thread. Hope to see Seasons soon!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Beautiful Bren!