Wednesday, December 1, 2010

… little bits of this & that. . .




Hi folks! We have been enjoying some wonderful colder weather here in Arizona. . . down into the 20's - 30's at night & in the 50's for the last few days, & it's been so great getting to break out the sweaters! The top of Mt. Lemmon was covered in snow the other morning! (We actually celebrate rain & colder temps here!) But, because I live in the southern part of Arizona - the temperatures won't stay that could for very long. . . & they are forecasting that our temps will be back in the 70's by tomorrow. . . That's okay though. I've loved the tease of winter (without having to shovel snow & deal with icy walks & roads.. . .) & hopefully we will have a little warm-up to warm our bones & then some cold again in time for Christmas. . .?!? Wouldn't that be great!!


I met a lady at the quilt shop yesterday & she & her husband are from Minnesota & live here for six months of the year (sounds ideal to me!). . . & they thought our "cold" temperatures were great. . . not cold at all to them! Guess that's why our local population grows so much during the winter months with so many "winter visitors" (we lovingly refer to them as "snowbirds") coming to enjoy our winter weather!


In the studio, I've been working on some new designs. . . (!) & I've also been going through some of my 'quilt show' containers that have been stored - awaiting the annual quilt show that I do here each January. . . except that I have decided not to do any retail shows any longer.  So. . . I've decided that for now, I'll turn my website into the online version of my quilt show booth! I'm organizing the fabrics & am slowly but surely taking photos of the cut yardage pieces that I have. They will go up onto the website sometime next week. . . but for now, I've loaded up some fun gifts & treasures. . .


. . . like some adorable sewing cases that I found at the Needlework Market last September . . . (they also come in lt. green, aqua, red, & black. . .)

. . . & these precious pin keeps (for your needles & pins while you're sewing). These were designed by Alma & Barb of Blackbird Designs for Moda. (I love these!)

. . . I also put some bundles (fat quarter & fat eighth) of Georgia Lou in the 'Fabrics' category. . .

. . . & there are (finally) some bundles (fat quarter & half-yard) of Durham Anew in the 'Fabrics' category as well. . . (by the way. . . I got some great news!. . . Lecien is going into it's third printing of Durham Anew!. . . yippee!)


For the items that I had for the quilt show. . . I've made a new category on the website called, 'Tag Sale'. I'm pricing things "very nicely". . . so that I can know they easily go to good homes
There's a bit of fat quarters & yardage from one of my favorites, Blackbird Designs, that I have. . .

. . . some red & pink yardage of Heart & Soul from Sandy Gervais (& Moda). . .

. . . & some green & pink yardage of Heart & Soul from Sandy Gervais (& Moda). . .

. . . some classic - Whispers In The Wind  - from Sandy Gervais (& Moda). . .

. . . & finally (for this week at least). . . I have some charm packs of Kashmir IV - perfect for any spring projects you are dreaming of!. . .

Okay. . . that's it for today. (If you are interested in any of the above items - just click on the photo or the name & it should link you to it.)

Oh. . . & don't forget that on the website I'm having an "I'm So Thankful For You!" sale - where all patterns & books are 20% - 75% off!

I'm off to get myself into the studio. I've got some shipping to get to & I'm working on a 'Secret Santa' project that I'm having so much fun with! . . . & then . . . there's cookies to bake! (You gotta love a season when baking cookies is expected & the thing to do!. . . no second guessing about whether to bake or not. . . no guilt!)

Hope you have a wonderful beginning to this very special season!

Bren


No comments: