Wednesday, April 18, 2012

… stitching weekend


This was me & a few friends this past weekend. . .

. . . & it was wonderful!!!

Once a month, for the past 6 months. a few of my quilting friends & I go up to Phoenix for a weekend to participate in a Jo Club in one of my favorite quilt shops - The Olde World Quilt Shop.

It's been so fun to be making the little projects, & to learn some new ways of creating & putting together quilt blocks.

We've all loved it. . . & it's been such a great get-away for each of us.

What makes it so great is that one of the ladies has a house in Phoenix as well (used to belong to her mother). . . & now she & her husband keep it for other family members to use, & so we all make a weekend retreat of it & stay there.

It's great. . . we all look forward to it each month!
(We're also planning to continue doing it all summer - even though the next Jo Club doesn't start up again until the fall!)

This last weekend was filled with lots of sewing (with a few little Featherweight sewing machines!), yummy meals (& desserts too!), & watching the first season of Downton Abbey (again!. . . My friend Susan had never seen the first season. . . so we 'sacrificed' (not!) & watched it again!) ;o) 

I was able to get almost halfway though making the 50 blocks for a wedding quilt that I'm working on. . . I also got to do some embroidery (yea!) & I got some binding sewn onto a new quilt design.

. . . but Susan was the champion at getting things done this weekend!
She had partially made over 250 of one of the 'Jo' blocks from this past club. . . & she powered through & got them all finished & trimmed & here's a peek at what her quilt will look like. . .


. . . Isn't it wonderful!
We were teasing her about why in the world was she making so many of the blocks. . .
. . . & then they started going up onto the design 'wall'.

. . . Oh my!   . . . I love it!!!

It's all made from scraps from her stash, & it has me so inspired to work so much more from my stash. . . hmmm. . .

So, that's what I've been up to. . . at least for the weekend.
Today, I'll be subbing in the art room again. . . getting my hands dirty!  :o)

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Bren

5 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Sounds like a wonderful monthly break Bren! And wow - Susan's quilt is going to be awesome.

Darlene said...

A wonderful week end with friends doing what you love . Sounds incredibly blissful. :-)

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL !

Sewn With Grace said...

I cannot imagine a more wonderful weekend with girlfriends! My daughter and I watched the whole first season of Downton Abbey in one day when she was home sick last month. We are hooked now for sure! The quilt is gorgeous!

Louise said...

Susan's quilt is lovely...I am looking forward to watching the
Downton Abbey after hearing so many rave reviews.