Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Blockheads 4 - Gentleman's Fancy

 Hi Folks! -

I’ve followed the Blockheads sew-a-long in the past years, so I was so pleased to be invited to add a block this time around!  My block is called ‘Gentleman’s Fancy’ & I chose it in honor of my Dad. 

One of the words that folks used to describe my Dad was ‘dapper’ & so this block seemed perfect!  (When I was a little girl, my Dad was actually chosen as one of the best dressed businessmen in San Diego, & I remember a newspaper article & they had him ‘model suits, for photos for the article!) 

 Even into his ‘sunset’ years, he still was a snappy dresser.

 

I chose to use some of the fabrics from my upcoming ‘The Shores’ fabric collection, & I’m so excited to see all of the versions that folks create! I love that Moda gives options for each blocks… & now I want to make it in all the options!  You can find the ‘Gentleman’s Fancy’ block here   https://my.modafabrics.com/webfiles/bh4_23_brenda-riddle_gentlemans-fancy.pdf

I hope you have fun making your ‘Gentleman’s Fancy’ block!   

💙  Bren

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Thank you for the sweet block. I will work on it tomorrow. I have sweet remembrances of my Dad who passed away when I was very young. Thanks again. Hope your day is wonderful.