Saturday, November 5, 2022

:: Coming Up For Air

I looked back at the last date I posted a journal entry… & ugh… For a girl who has the goal of posting more regularly… I’ve pretty much blown that so far this year. But, I’m still trying… honest!

So much has been going on & I have so much to post about… so I’ll give you a little outline of things to come…

 

  • New Patterns!  - a few months ago I posted about my latest collections - ‘The Shores’ & ‘Sweet Liberty’ - but I never got back with the patterns I released with these collections. They are currently on the website - & you can find them under ‘New Items’ - but I’ll be back to feature them here. (… but a little heads-up… a sale is coming soon!)

  • I just sent in a new fabric collection - in fact two new fabric collections!… (which is where the title of this post came from…!) & thought it might be fun for you to know what my process for creating a fabric collection is… so I’ll be putting that together.

  • The yardage of my collection ‘The Shores’ has been shipping from Moda this week - so I have some of the pre-cuts & an exclusive kit or two (or three!) up on the website now.  (** For those of you who pre-ordered the Moda boxed quilt kit for ‘Prisms’… you are receiving an email about getting your boxed kits to you. (They are sooo pretty!)
  • I am (finally!) getting new scrap bundles prepared & on the website! I’ve got several collections - just waiting to be organized & prepped - & because they can become so labor intensive to prep… I’ve come up with a way to make them available that I hope you will love! (i.e. - more bundles - & more fabric variety!) I’m planning to have these ready in time for my ‘Counting my Blessings’ sale coming soon…very soon!
  • As I just mentioned - my annual ‘Counting My Blessings’ sale is coming soon! I am trying to get a bunch of fabrics & kit prepped & will let you know the exact dates very very soon! (It will be in early/mid November!!!)
  • I have also been doing a lot of thinking about social media lately & the direction it has taken. I have had some definite thoughts about it & I want to share with you the direction I will be taking with it.

So,  for now - I hope you will be assured I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth… I’ve just been hunkering down with some business projects & home projects… But I’m still here… (even though it light not seem like it!)… & I’m really going to try to be more present here in my journal/blog.

For the rest of today - I’m off to mow my little lawn (& the new winter grass that has come in!) & plant some of my favorite winter flowers. I love this time of year. I’m in zone 9b (for you gardeners) - so now that the summer heat has subsided - all of my perennial flowering plants are perking back up with a new flush of blooms (I’m looking at you geraniums & pincushion flowers!) & it’s so fun to add new annuals to the mix.

Hope you have a wonderful start to November (one of my favorite months!) & I’ll leave you with my little garden ‘helper’ & I’ll be back… soon!     

 ♥️  Bren

No comments: