Thursday, September 3, 2009

… a bit of wandering. . .



I know that it would seem that designing quilts & needlework, & writing patterns for them - would seem like a harmless way to earn a living. . .

. . . & for the most part - it is. . .

. . . except when it comes time to sit down at the computer & write the patterns. . .

. . . & write. . .

. . . & write. . .

. . . & write.

After a bit of time - the mind goes a little fuzzy & the email ping becomes way too distracting, so then it's time for a break. . . (& emptying out the email in-box).

. . . And then, when one of the emails is from Starbucks - in my fuzzy state of mind. . . I caved. . .

. . . & I am now the proud owner of my own custom Starbucks card. (Mine says 'Bren's favorite way to start & end the day!')

. . . & yes, there is also a t-shirt (on sale!) on it's way from J.Jill. . .


Sigh. Who knew this would be such a tough job with so many temptations!?!


6 comments:

Jocelynilla said...

L.O.L. Bren! and my boyfriend thinks I'M addicted to caffeine...jk :D I was just thinking this morning what everyone's perfect start to the morning is. And in your case, the perfect end, too. Now I know!

Anonymous said...

I soooooooo get this! Just finished my newsletter and need to write some pattern directions!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

you cracked me up. am i the only person that likes writing patterns? i feel like i am!! and get this.. my roommate works at starbucks.. but i don't drink anything with caffeine!

MahQuilter said...

I completely understand. I save the leftover pot of starbucks coffee from the morning and have it cold over ice in the afternoon. Unless it's winter time it's a new pot of hot. Then in the evening it's decaf. Have you tried the Americano blend? A Barestia suggested it at Houston market 2 years ago and it is my favorite. I think I will never get finished writing and writing.

PamKittyMorning said...

Everything about you is completely cute.

pdudgeon said...

YEE-HAW! i sooo get this!

just finished piecing a queen sized top and whipping up the backing. Saw your post and went "YEP! COFFEE IT IS!"

i have a magnet on my coffee pot that says "Give me coffee and nobody gets hurt".
ain't it the truth!