Tuesday, August 20, 2013

… countdown . . .




Things have been a little crazy around here.
 I'm getting ready for my first Needlework Market, (exhibiting that is. . . I've attended a couple to check them out), & I feel just like I did when I did my first Quilt Market! 
I'm feeling a bit nervous, wondering if I'm bringing enough patterns, flyers. . . etc.
I find I'm laughing at myself, at how anxious I'm making myself. I know that it will be just fine, & I'm so looking forward to getting to set up my 'booth' in the living area of my hotel suite! The Needlework Markets (for counted cross-stitch & embroidery) are held in an Embassy Suites hotel, & instead of having to go to a convention center, you set up your display in the living room area of your hotel suite, open your door, & everyone comes to you. . . isn't that great!?!  When I have attended a couple of needlework markets in the past, I have loved how comfortable & 'homey' they feel. (. . . & it's so nice to have your own bathroom & kitchenette right there!) 

So, I've been busy finishing my new needlework (counted cross-stitch) designs, deciding which of my existing embroidery patterns to take, picking up new pattern covers, 'stuffing' patterns, making some fun little samples (peeks coming!), printing flyers, . . . you name it, I've been doing it. In the past few days, there have been a couple of times that I have wished that I had everything done already, but then I realized that I would just be getting antsy to leave - so it's good that I have things on my 'to-do' list. (Although. . . that list is getting really small!)

One of the things I am introducing is the beginning of a stitchery collection I'm calling the 'Chalkboard Collection'. I just love chalkboard art, & so this series of designs will be capturing the look. . . but with stitches instead of chalk. I found a wonderful over-dyed linen from Weeks Dye Works that is the perfect dark grey & it looks so much like a well used chalkboard. Then they also had a perfect over-dyed floss that is a white with a touch of grey, that resembles the uneven white you get with chalk on a chalkboard. (. . . & yes - there will be some kits coming!)

I will be showing you all the new stitchery designs in the next week. . . & soon (when I return from Market) they will also be available on the website.

Yesterday, I caught my Dad sitting on the couch, talking with Bailey. . . & they were making 'guy' plans for when I go to Market. . . Those boys!

I'm off to bed. . . tomorrow is filled with more 'to-do's'!

Bren


5 comments:

Dawn Heese said...

You will do fantastic. I absolutely LOVE the chalkboard collection!! I want a couple of those to stitch myself! Have fun.

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Bren:
I remember attending my very first needlework market with my counted thread (cross stitch) designs. I said to my mother, "I sure hope they like me!" (meaning my designs). My mother replied, "Well, if you're nice to them, dear, I'm sure they'll like you just fine." lol

I know your designs will be as well-loved by your new customers as they are by all your blog fans. I can't wait to see all your new kits!

Best of luck, girlfriend. You'll be great!
xo
Donna

Darlene said...

You will do great. Your designs are timeless and beautiful. Just relax and enjoy this new chapter.

Cristina @ Pretty Little Quilts said...

Love the chalkboard!!! Can't wait for the kits!!! Good luck!

Auntie Pami said...

Love these! Perfect for my new house in AZ!