Wednesday, October 30, 2019

:: Celebrating Autumn....



This morning right as I got out of bed, I found that I needed to find my long (flannel) jammie pants... as it was very chilly! That, to me, is a sign that autumn is finally arriving! (...& I do a little happy dance!) Here in the southwest of the United States, autumn can often go undetected.
... & this girl loves autumn.

Actually a little over a week ago, I took Dad up to the top of Mt. Lemmon. It was wonderfully chilly & we had to find our sweater & jacket for the trip up the mountain! Mt. Lemmon is the highest peak (a little over 9000 ft.)  of the mountains that we live right next to - the Catalina Mountains. Every fall we drive up to the top & it's a trip worth the drive. It takes a little over an hour to get there - as the road up to the top of the mountain is about 30 minutes away. (We have to drive to the far east side of town & we live on the extreme far northwest side...) 


This year we hit the week of beautiful fall color, & it was beautiful. The aspens against the pines always takes my breath away. I love that, even though I live in Arizona - I'm only an hour away from it feeling like I'm in Colorado.


Our annual little trip is such a special time for both of us. After walking around a bit (that gets harder & harder for Dad each year) we stopped at the log 'Cookie Cabin' for some nice warm coffee & we shared some cookie (they are 8" in diameter - so we took over half home!).  I'm just so thankful that we were able to take our little trip this year... it is a very precious memory.

If you saw the previous post - you will know that the 'old' website (location) is going away. With it - some of the shop categories, such as the Sample Quilts will not be transferring over to the new website (which is now up & running!!!). (Several of the sample quilts have sold since the 40% off sale started (thank you!!) - so be sure to check it out if you think you might want one for you, for a friend, or a gift!)  Currently on the old website (acornquiltandgiftcompany.com) - you will now also find that numerous other shop categories, those that have more limited inventory, such as Kits & Fabrics) have been moved over to the new website (brendariddledesigns.com). As is stands now - the old website will be completely shut-down in December. 

I wish I could give an exact date of when the older website will be gone - but that's up to whenever they (the web host) transfer the domain for me... which they say can take anywhere from 2-20 days. When it does happen - the acornquiltandgiftcompany.com address will also lead to the new website! (Yes, it will have two website addresses!)

Also - remember that there is a new blog ('Journal') located on the website. You can find it HERE.
 I'm not certain if I'm going to be continuing having both this blog & the new journal... it would just be repetitive... (& extra work)... hmmm... so I'd love your thoughts...!

I hope you have a wonderful day...

 Bren

No comments: