Saturday, October 12, 2019

:: Changes... in process...


There are days (weeks... months...) where I feel like I'm so quiet on the blog & social media front, & I find I feel a little guilty about it... but so often there are a lot of things I'm working on that I can't show while working on them... & these past few weeks have been just like that. (Oddly enough - you'd giggle at how many times I compose posts in my head while I'm working on things... but then I can't really write & post them because of the timetables & keeping things under wraps that I - as a designer - need to work with.)

But - even so, I wanted to touch base - as much as I can, to try to keep in touch with you. And, as I was just writing that sentence, & if you are reading this post... I just want to let you know how much it means to me that you choose to check in on what's happening with my company & with the things I share about my life. It means so much - I can't really express how much it does mean to me. So, thank you for being here!

There are a few things I wanted to let you in on... that have been filling these past few weeks. First is that this past week, I received the strike-offs for my next collection. What that means is that pretty much everything else gets put on the back burner so I can review all of them, sort through them, make any corrections or tweaks, make the notes for all of that & get them sent back to Moda!


So for now... this little sneak peek is all I can show... but I am really excited about these fabrics... the prints & the colorways. They are (of course) still soft, but it is a wonderfully unique collection & I can hardly wait to get the fabrics, make things & surround myself with them!

The other (very, very) big project that I've just been able to get started (after wanting to start on it all summer)... is a new website. It's still a couple of weeks out - as having to wait for domains to transfer can take time... but I'm excited about it. I'm doing it myself - as I like to know how to make changes as needed... & I like doing that myself. (I think it must be part of the graphic design student that still remains inside of me.) I have to admit - it's quite a learning curve since I haven't updated the layout or host of my website for over a decade! (... & oh my how things have changed!) But, I know it will be a great step. You will be able to enlarge photos of designs, see the pattern backs to see the supplies needed, & a lot more payment options.


The other thing that will be contained within the website is a blog... & I will be switching over to posting there as soon as it's all up & running. It will be so great to have everything all in one place!
For now though - the current website will stay up, & hopefully there will a smooth transition! I will let you know as soon as the new website goes live. 

The one thing that will not be on the new website is the page with the sample quilts. I listed a large grouping & they will not be available on the website after the transition. 



SO... I am reducing the prices on all the ones that are currently listed & they are now 40% off! (That includes the original 'Betsy's Closet' quilt & some other quilts where the patterns are being 'retired' - so this will be the last chance.)
If you see one that you would like - but would need to separate the payments into 2 or 3 payments - just email me & let me know & we will be happy to work with you!

So, there you have it...!  My 'exciting' life for the last several weeks...

I'm planning to take Dad up to Mt. Lemmon this next week... for our annual autumn visit, & I'm so ready to see some fall leaves (aspen & maples) & smell the pine trees!

Hope you have a great week!

Bren




No comments: