Sunday, October 4, 2009

… Around the Corner. . .



. . . That would be when Fall Quilt Market would be. . . just around the corner. . . but it's also the name for these quilts!

'Around the Corner' is a set of three quilts - that range from 78"x78" to 52"x 52" to 26"x 26" (that you can't really tell from this photo - sorry.). They are wonderfully simple - & have the option of making it all pieced, or with some appliqué or embroidery. . . you get to choose! I had the most fun making these quilts as they are very simple & go together so easily . . . (I love it when that happens!)

The sample quilts for 'Around the Corner' are made from my Celebration line . . . & putting together the colors for each of the quilts was part of the fun. I could play with color combinations all day!

The past few days I have been playing with more fabric color combinations & making some pillows for the booth. I have had the most fun!!! It's been way too long since I made any home dec items. When I lived in Santa Barbara & then in Minneapolis - I used to work as an interior designer with Laura Ashley & a couple of other companies & my heart still loves to play with interiors & the fun things that go in them! (. . . & yes that's a hint of things to come!!!) Anyway, I've been a little pillow giddy & am making the last of some that I will have at Market. . . & then will see if they will be put into pattern form.

I have a couple of more quilts that are in the binding stages & I will get photos of those before they go into my suitcase headed for Market!

Whew!. . . I was thinking a little earlier that I'm thinking that it's a good thing after all - that Market is 2 weeks earlier this fall. . . If not, then I think I would be making ruffles & pillows & more pillows from now until then!

More soon!. . .

xo, Bren


6 comments:

MahQuilter said...

Love them all. Can't wait to see them in person.

PamKittyMorning said...

Ohh I love it all and I love the hints of stuff to come.

The red is really wonderful.

Darlene said...

Oh, I love these - fun, fun, fun! I'll be anxious to purchase this pattern.

Vicky said...

Those quilts are wonderful! Have fun at market!

Sherri said...

Gorgeous as always! You're going to have so much fun at market...so many wonderful new designs!

Sinta Renee said...

I always loved your booth at Market... this time it's going to be fantastic with all your new goodies and goodness!