Sunday, October 18, 2009

… a bit more of an AMAZING deisgner




As promised. . . here are more of the amazing designer, Yoko Saito's quilts that were in a special display in the Lecien booths. Midway through the second day of Market, they changed the quilts on display. . . so the "ooh-ing & ahh-ing" continued!

Aren't the hearts & the warmth of this quilt just perfect?! If I had this quilt - I would keep it on display - all year through. This is one that I would never tire of. I really, really ♡ this quilt.


I was so impressed & even encouraged by the quilt below. Made of tiny triangles - hand pieced. . . it was simple stunning, & an incredible lesson on how - no matter how small the pieces in a design - when you see the finished work - & don't fret so much about the beginning size of something. . . the results are worth it all!



I wish I would have taken a better close up photo of this next quilt. . . as the quilting was amazing. . .


. . . but also because each of the kernels on the wheat shafts were separate appliqué pieces.


Some more quilts. . . to simply admire & be in awe of. . .








I saved this quilt for last - as it reminds me of the wedding dress that comes at the end of a design show. . .


. . . the details take your breath away. . . like the sheer organdy 'pocket' that holds the stems of the bouquet, the trapunto quilting, the mixture of piecing, appliqué, & embroidery. . .



Once again . . . everyone. . . all together. . . "S i g h !"


I hope you've enjoyed seeing some of Yoko Saito's incredible works of art. If ever you hear of a showing of her designs - GO! I can guarantee that you will be amazed.

Several have asked - so I want to be sure that I mention it again . . . Yoko Saito's fabric line (many which are in these designs) is printed by Lecien & is called 'Centenary Collection'. You can bet that I'm going to start collecting these beautifully subtle fabrics!

xo, Bren

7 comments:

MahQuilter said...

An inspiration to say the least. Thanks for sharing. I didn't get back to this booth before I left.

Leslie said...

These are truly amazing! Thanks for sharing them.

Penne said...

Are those quilts hand quilted. They are so beautiful thanks for sharing your pictures

busyascanbe said...

How beautiful! I bet in person they were even better.

Louise said...

Thank you so much for posting those beautiful quilt pictures, making it possible for all of us to enjoy them. They truly are exquisite!

Jennifer said...

Those are just beyond incredible! Thank you for sharing your pictures. :)

Marisa said...

Wow, I am so jealous that you got to see these in person. What a treat. Maybe I'll see them someday. Thanks for the photos.