Thursday, October 1, 2009

… a little preview


The weeks before Quilt Market are usually very. . . very busy, getting the shipment for the booth out & on it's way . . . finishing up printing (or in my case - finishing up the last quilt. . . & the printing will be happening while I'm at Market. . . ). . . binding the last quilt(s). . . trying to squeeze in just one more project. . . & this year has been no different.

I've been wanting to get this post up for several days now. . . but 'life' got in the way. But - today I was able to sit down at the computer & I'm so very happy to say that my flyer for Market is done & will be printed this weekend (!). . . & I've put together a couple of previews of new designs, & hopefully I will get a few more up for you in the next few days as well.

The first one is one that I've given some peeks of already - & it's called 'Cottage Sweet Home'. It's made from 'Simple Abundance' & some Lecien 'Basics' fabrics. . . & then some fabrics from my stash. I've had this quilt playing around in my head for quite awhile & I'm so thankful that when I saw the 'Simple Abundance' fabrics. . . I knew I had found the perfect fabrics for the quilt!



This next quilt (Garden Windows) is actually the first one I made after Spring Market. . . as I (& the rest of the world!) went crazy for the new Moda line by French General called 'Rouenneries'. (I even ordered several bolts of the plain linens. . . I had been looking for them everywhere & these are perfect!) Garden Windows is actually designed as a table cover - (or would be perfect as a picnic quilt!) . . . as I love to use quilts in every way that I can!

The design is really quite simple with an assortment of windows & their seasonal flower boxes & garden topiaries. I used Lecien's amazing Cosmo embroidery floss that comes as 2 strands - wound on a spool. I love this floss, & it makes it so much easier - especially if you are working on a redwork - or any single color - embroidery project. (I'm also thinking that I would love to make this out of my new fabrics & use multi colors for the embroidery. . . !)


So there's preview #1. . .! I will be back with some more!. . .

Until then - I hope you have a great weekend . . . & be sure to hug someone you love!

xo, Bren

7 comments:

Vicky said...

Totally gorgeous! You've done it again!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the sneak peeks. Looking forward to seeing them up close at Houston. Safe travels!

Anonymous said...

So sweet and totally lovely Bren! Glad to hear you've seen the light at the end of the tunnel for patterns and printing too. oh the details!

PamKittyMorning said...

Simply wonderful! See you soon xo

Rosa said...

Simple great!!

Ina said...

beautiful! beautiful!! beautiful!!

Brenda, when will the patterns be up for sale on your web site??

I'll miss seeing your booth at PIQF! Who was the dummy that scheduled Houston Quilt Market at the same time as PIQF??!! ;0

Letterpress said...

I have done lots of searches trying to find out where to purchase your fabric line. Can you help us out with this in any way? I'm really after some of the fabulous beige and white gingham check and can't find it in my searches.

hope you had a great time at Market--
Elizabeth