Tuesday, August 17, 2010

daybook ::28::


for today :: August 17, 2010

outside my window. . .   cloudy & a bit muggy. Storms expected this afternoon . . .

I am thinking. . . of all the projects I need to work on using my computer. . . with the threat of afternoon storms - I need to get them done this morning. (& ever since a neighbors house was struck with lightening, with the big storms - things get unplugged around here!)

from the kitchen. . . so far coffee, with cinnamon added to the grounds . . . yum. (Dad  doesn't like his coffee that way, but he is traveling this week - so I get to enjoy some flavored coffees!)

I am wearing. . .  jammies still. . . got working on the computer before I even got dressed! (need to get on that!)

I am creating. . .  4 new designs - all at the same time (I usually start & complete something before starting the next design - so this is something new for me) . . .  (& #5 project is waiting in the wings!)

I am remembering. . .  Mom

I am reading. . .  'The Postcard' - by Beverly Lewis

I am hoping . . .  to get a lot done this week! I really want to be ahead when it comes to getting things ready for Fall Market. . .

I am hearing. . .  Bailey wandering around. . . looking for his best morning napping spot. . . 

around the house. . .  fabrics, fabrics & more fabrics! 

I am going. . .  to get things ready for some new website pages (including some Durham bundles!)

one of my favorite things. . . pulling a just finished quilt out of the dryer after it's been washed for the first time. . .

a few plans for the rest of the week. . . lots of time in the studio, playing with fabrics & threads! (bliss!)

from my picture journal . . .

. . . when I was in junior high (middle school) - I cried over the fact that I had freckles. . . thankfully as I grew up I came to love my freckles. Many years ago, on one of my parents trips - my Mom found this sign & gave it to me. I love this little plaque in all of it's homemade-ness, & it sits on the window sill in my bathroom. . . reminding me to love the way God created me, . . . & reminding me of how much my Mom loved me & cared about how I felt about my freckles. . . These days - I see my hundreds of freckles as a reminder of my Mom's love.

Hope you have day realizing how much you are loved!
Bren

4 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Enjoyed reading your daybook today. I don't like being on the computer when it is stormy too. Don't want to take chances. I am a freckled face girl too.

Katie said...

Loved your blog, fabrics and quilt designs! Happy to have found you! Tami. www.sewmanymamas.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Loved your blog, fabrics and quilt designs! Happy to have found you! www.sewmanymamas.blogspot.com

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great daybook today Bren. I just sent that saying about freckles to my daughter. She had a time with them when she was growing up too. Thank you.