Saturday, November 20, 2010

… Mistletoe Make & Bake 2010 - day 6





This is it!. . .  This is the final day of the Mistletoe Make & Bake 2010! I hope that you have had fun blog hopping & collecting recipes & project ideas! I know that I have sure loved your comments. . . & wish that I could have responded to them all. Please know that I loved them all! (. . . & if you emailed me directly & haven't heard back from me. . . it's because your email address that I had was not valid when I tried to respond. . . I had a couple of those - so please try again & be sure I have your correct email address. - thanks!)


Okay. . . so for this last day - the topic is very appropriate!. . . The topic is: cookie exchange tips.  So. . . my tip is that if/when you do a cookie exchange - also do a cookie recipe card exchange as well! Have everyone attending print out the recipe for the cookies that they bring to the exchange so that everyone will be able to not only add the new cookies to their cookie tray for this year - but they have the recipe just in case your cookie becomes their new favorite!


My cookie recipe for today is all about chocolate. I thought, "why not?!?" So, it's not just a great chocolate cookie. . . but  Double Chocolate Cookies! 

(click on recipe card for a pdf version you can download.)


Be sure to visit all of the Mistletoe  Make & Bake designers blogs for more fun recipes (you can find them all listed here . . . & especially todays featured designers for their very special holiday projects as well!

Today's featured designers are:

Vickie Eapen of Spun Sugar Quilts
Melisa Morrison of Sweet Home Quilt Co.

I sure have had fun being a part of the Mistletoe Make & Bake 2010 blog hop, & I just want to thank Sherri, of  'Little Bits of This & That' for organizing it all! Be sure to check out her blog as well as she will be having an announcement soon about the winner of the grand prize for the entire blog hop. . . (Lots-o-goodies in that prize!) 


. . . & last. . . but not least is the winner of the drawing from yesterday's post. . . & because it's such a wonderful season. . . I decided to draw 2 winners. . . & they are:

Donna - at Brynwood Needleworks
Renee  - at - Sewn With Grace

If you lovely ladies will send me an email with your choices of six patterns/books from the website & your address - I'll get your prizes sent to you right away! Congratulations!

. . . Also - a little announcement  - next week there will be a bunch of new goodies loaded onto the website  & we will be having a 'So Thankful for You!' sale as well with all books & patterns 25% - 40% off! Keep watching the blog for updates!

I hope you have had a lot of fun - I sure have! . . . & I wish you all a wonderful beginning to this most precious holiday season!
 ♥ Bren

54 comments:

Martina said...

Thanks so much! It was a great week and I really enjoyed the visits!

JANET said...

Thank all of you for the lovely projects and for all of the recipes. I host a cookie exchange every year and this year is going to be extra special thanks to all of you. Have a wonderful and safe Christmas.

imagrandma2five said...

Had such a great time this week. Thanks for the recipes, hints, tips and of course the project!

kerrynjane said...

Who doesn't love chocolate. Thanks for sharing your recipes and holiday ideas this week.

BobbiD said...

Love anything double chocolate! Thanks for all the great recipes. Will be busy the next few weeks!Happy Holidays to you and your family.multrot

Darlene B said...

Thanks for all your work on this blog hop - it's been fun. I wish I had won your giveaway - what great prizes!

MIss Sherry said...

Brenda, Thanks for such a fun hop. I had a great time wheeling over to everyone's blog. Have a very blessed Holiday season.

Texana said...

This bloghop has been so much fun. And thanks for all the recipes...especially this last one...Double Chocolate...yummy!

JessicaSews said...

Thank you for this week's fun!

We've enjoyed exchanging with our neighbors, making home-made ornaments to top off the plate is an added touch. The hugs and holiday greetings between neighbors is the best of all!

Yummy Chocolate Cookie picture!

baukje said...

Thank you so much for all these delicious recipes and for all the fun we had together this week..... I saw that you use DUTCH chocolate powder. How fun I am Dutch ....

Sewn With Grace said...

I am beyond words...
Thank you,
thank you,
thank you.
I'm off to email you!
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deb said...

Love all the recipes Thank You so Much for the wonderful week It has been fun Want to Wish you a Happy Holiday

Grandma Shell said...

First off, I want to say how much I like your header and secondly how much I've enjoyed visiting each blog every day and reading your comments for that day's topic and gathering the recipes and projects. Sorry to see it end!

Debby said...

I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed the blog hop this week and all the wonderful recipes. I'm hosting a cookie exchange in a couple of weeks, so now I have lots of cookies to try. Thanks !!

Pat said...

Lots of chocolate-yum!

bairdmtn said...

I can't thank you enough for all your hard work! I have really enjoyed the blog hop and have left with some killer projects and recipes! Thank you so much for all the new memories I am going to make!!

Anonymous said...

Thank-you for participating in the hop...I've really enjoyed the stories, recipes & projects....thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the recipes. They all sound wonderful. I've had alot of trouble in copying the recipes. I hope I can get them printed because they all look great. Deb Austin

Vickie said...

Can't wait try these chocolate cookies! They have to be great!
Thanks for sharing this week! It's been a lot of fun!

mascanlon said...

Thank you a speical week, I have enjoyes all the new ideas and the yummy recipes. Happy Holidays to you and yours Bren.

MoeWest said...

Thanks for the chocolate cookie recipe!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

thanks for making this blog hop so fun and yummy!

Cindi said...

Thanks so much for sharing! Both the cookie recipes and the project. I enjoyed the week very much!

Karen said...

An all Chocolate Cookie - I am sooo in trouble! Chocolate is my all time favorite. Thank you for a wonderful week of great recipes, patterns, traditions and fun. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas.

http://karenstreehousequilts.blogspot.com/

Mrs. DillyDally said...

Thank you so much for a week of fun! It has been nice to meet you through this blog hop! I will come back and visit often!

SewCalGal said...

I've had a great week. Thank you for all the yummy recipes and inspiration.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Sparky said...

You know something Bren?..I am sew much sweeter this week...imagine that...lol
thanks for the very sweet tour...

Kd Brown said...

Brenda, Thank you for a great experience over the past 6 days. Thank you for all the recipes and projects. Happy Holidays! ~Kathleen

gmp said...

First of all, thank you so much, for all you have shared this week. The recipes, family traditions, ideas and tips, and your special project have been amazing. So, my motto is, if you are going to bother to make a chocolate cookie, it might as well be a Double Chocolate Cookie! Sounds delicious. Sad to see this Blog Hop come to an end.
I hope that you have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Marcia W. said...

Thanks for a wonderful week of recipes, theme stories, projects, and some giveaways. It's been fun. Double choco cookies - a good closing recipe!

Gretchen said...

Thanks for all the blog hop fun and all the recipes!!! Can't wait to try those double chocolate cookies.

Nana Jo said...

These are my favorite cookies!

Pat said...

I have really enjoyed the Shop Hop Blog. Thank for for participating.

VickiT said...

YUM! One can never go wrong with chocolate anything and double chocolate? Perfect. Thank you.

Patti said...

This has been so much fun!! Thanks for sharing another delicious recipe.

Gwen said...

Bren, Thank you so much for being part of this Make and Bake, I appreciate all the time that went into with sharing all the entries, recipes and your project. Chocolate is the best and will be giving your recipe a try. Thanks again.

Steph M said...

Double Chocolate!!! Gotta love it. Thanks for all the recipes this week.

Brenda said...

Thanks for all the yummy recipes. Sad to see it end.

Diane Pruitt said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Double Chocolate.
yum yum yum

Unknown said...

Great idea about the recipe too! Everyone would want one anyway!!!

ytsmom said...

Great cookie recipe. After all, there is no such thing as too much chocolate.

Christie said...

What is better than chocolate cookies? Double chocolate cookies!!! Thanks for the recipe.
Thanks a bunch for sharing this recipe and the exchange tip, too! Most of all, thank you so very much for sharing all your recipes, tips and ideas and your wonderful project with us during the Mistletoe Make and Bake, this has been the most fun! I could kiss you all under the mistletoe for all the wonderful things you all have shared with us. Thanks again bunches, and Merry Christmas to you and yours! HUGS... and stitches

Suzanne said...

What is better than chocolate? DOUBLE chocolate!!! Yeah!!
Thanks for all of the great ideas and recipes!!

DutchQuilter said...

Thank you for the great chocolate cookies recipe. I will be back next week to check out your sale! Thanks for the fun blog hop, too.

Sharon W said...

Double chocolate--who could ask for more? Thanks for a wonderful week of inspiration.

Sandielynn said...

Thanks for all of the great recipes and patterns! I had great fun!

Marilyn said...

Nothing better with chocolate than more chocolate! Your cookie plate looks so good, I could dive right in!

Liz said...

Thanks for all the yummy recipes. The Mistletoe Make and Bake Blog has been fun!

Anonymous said...

It's been a blast, Bren. Happy holidays to you, too!

Judy said...

Love anything with chocolate in it. thank you for some great recipes. Judy S.

schmidt1016 said...

Thanks for all the fun, Brenda! It was a most enjoyable hop. And those Double Chocolate cookies are next up for me to make. MMMMM.

Leslie S. in MN
esclante at comcast dot net

Cindy said...

Thanks for all the recipes. This was a great hop!

Kathy H said...

Thanks for all the great recipes and ideas. THis hop was a lot of fun.

Polly said...

Another yummy recipe!! YUMMO!! Thanks for this hop! It's really gotten me ready for the Christmas season! Polly