Monday, June 28, 2010

… a very special peek

This past week I got a very special package in the mail from Lecien. There are half-mitres of 36 fabrics. . . & although this is not an official debut. . . I just had to show you this itty-bitty peek of the fabrics in my next line. . .



. . . It's called Georgia Lou. . . named after my Mom. I am so very happy with this line (for so many reasons. . .) & it is very reminiscent of the vintage fabrics that I remember from the quilts that my Mom had that my Grandmas had given her. Those quilts were (& still are) the inspiration I had for designing quilts. I just love the look of quilts that would be at home in a farmhouse or a cottage. . . 

So for now. . . I'm finishing up projects on the computer so that I can get back into the studio & start to play with these little beauties!

Bren
(p.s.  . . . the Georgia Lou line will be released this fall!)

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, Bren!! I am so happy for you! You are doing it once again!! And it is beautiful. How wonderful to pay homage to your mom too. Can't wait to see what you will do with them.

paulette said...

Georgia Lou is gorgeous...you did your MOM proud!! Well done!
Paulette

Vickie E said...

looks beautiful Bren! I bet there is some serious sentimental value there.

Suburban Stitcher said...

it's gorgeous!

Amy said...

Very pretty!

Unknown said...

absolutly lovely

Kristy said...

I am certain your mom is smiling, and so very happy for you! Your grandma too! The fabrics evoke so much nostalgia. Kristy in OHio

Vicky said...

The fabrics are stunning! You did it again! (Hugs)

Sewn With Grace said...

I'm swooning on my end of the computer. A beautiful name for such beautiful fabric!

luvtoquilt said...

Another great line -- can't wait until it's available!

{Leila}Where the Orchids Grow said...

oh those fabrics look absolutely fabulous!

pdudgeon said...

definitely counting the days till this line comes out. it's really lovely!

Nicole said...

That may be your prettiest line yet! I can almost feel the quality of the fabrics through my computer screen.

mascanlon said...

Oh so lucious Bren. And i love thdarker colors that will give these sweet quilts a bit of pop!

PamKittyMorning said...

So pretty Brenda... xo

K Cotton said...

Brenda, they are so beautiful! It looks like it has washed, vintage look compare to your first line. I love your first line but am going to love this one more!

kshackabq said...

Those are gorgeous . . . and how special to have the line named after your Mom!! Congratulations, Bren . . .

busyascanbe said...

Beautiful! I really love this one ...you should open a few...LOL...the reds mostly...I can't wait!

SarahB said...

It is SO beautiful! Wonderful name choice too! Such a nice tribute!