Friday, November 20, 2009

. . . ellie's here !


. . . & she seems to have taken her time getting here. . .! (Well. okay - I admit it. . . it was me who took a bit longer than I thought to get the pattern written & printed.

Ellie uses some of the fabrics in my 'Celebration' line . . . (have a said how much fun it is to play with all the options?!?) . . . & if I could (time-wise) - I'd love to make this design - using lots of different fabric styles. . . brights, plaids, reproductions, batiks. . . you name it - I'd love to see it in this quick-to-make design.

For my quilt, I wanted a design that was simple & airy (& yet vintage)- & yet looked more complicated than it really was. For the blocks - they are actually assembled the same way - just with the colors/values changed.

Easy-peasy.

Here's Ellie - hanging in my booth at Fall Quilt Market. . . (she's the perfect nap size - or as a topper for a twin size bed . . . & the design would be simple to make larger for bigger needs).


. . . & here are the two blocks that are simply alternated. . .

I don't know about you - but sometimes I just love a quilt that doesn't make me think too much. . . but still looks more complicated than it really is.

(Oh. . . & for those of you who have asked - or might be wondering. . . yes, there will be patterns/directions for making the sham & pillows that were in my booth. Thanks you guys. . . for keeping me on my toes!)

Hoping you have a great weekend!

xo, Bren





8 comments:

Darlene said...

Sweet pattern!

paulette said...

Just lovely!! Well done!
Paulette

Rae Ann said...

Simply adorable and I am looking forward to getting my hands on one of those patterns!

Unknown said...

Aren't you glad it is done and beautiful at the same time?

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Ellie is wonderful!

MahQuilter said...

You are never dissapointing in your designs. I love it!

Nicole said...

That is just beautiful! I love it.

Sinta Renee said...

Very sweet and elegantly simple! You design such beautiful things... what a talent!