Monday, November 9, 2009

…treats in the post


The postman was very nice to me today! Not only did he bring my packages to my door. . . but what was in both of them proved to be such a treat! Don't you just love it when good things come in the mail?


The first box was from Amazon. . . so I knew what was in it, but I am so excited to get them! I ordered a book I have heard (& read much) about, 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society', & I'm looking forward to reading this one as soon as I finish the book currently on my bedside table.

The second book I ordered is 'A Lineage of Grace'. This one is written by Francine Rivers - whom I have come to respect & love as an author. Her books are challenging, comforting, touching, & so well written. I'm at the point where I really don't have to know too much about the book . . . If it's by Francine - it's pretty much a sure thing that I will love it!

The last "book" I ordered is 'Aunt Millie's Garden'. . . by Piece 'O Cake Designs. . .

Sigh.

I have seen these incredible blocks on other blogs. . . & I credit (read: blame) Megan for really tempting me. (!) Her posts about her 'Aunt Millie's' progress started it all. It's stunning. Then when I was at Nubin's (my quilter) house & I spotted her 'Aunt Millie's' pattern & she told me she was just getting started. . . the in no time we had organized a small group to meet every other week to work on our own 'Aunt Millie's Garden' quilts. . . & tonight we start!

I'm really quite excited. . . as usually I am only working on my own designs & this will be a great diversion. . . as well as an incredibly beautiful quilt when it is done! Who knows. . . maybe this will be the start of me getting to actually make some of the dozens of quilt patterns that I have been collecting ever since I started designing. . . (Inside I am doing such a happy dance!)


The other box that came was a treat of a different kind. . . & it truly meant a great deal to me. . .

It may look like some one sent me a gift of a quilt. . . but really it's my own quilt. . . One that I had at Market & a shop (Prairie Queens Quilt Shop) borrowed for a show right after Market.



But look at how beautifully they wrapped it! . . . It's rolled (less folds that way) & it's then tied with a sweet pink ribbon & wrapped in plastic & then tissue paper, & to top it off a sweet note was added. It means so much because several of us designers have had some difficult (& even scary) experiences with lending our quilts out. So thank you to the wonderful folks at Prairie Queens!. . . I'm looking forward to visiting you the next time I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area!



So. . . that's the 'goings on' here. . . I've got a new pattern (using 'Celebration'!) that's going out to the printer tomorrow. . . so I'm off to do yet one more proof reading. . . (can there ever be too many?)

xo, Bren


8 comments:

SewLindaAnn said...

Your posts always have such warm colored pictures. I'm curious about seeing the Garden quilt getting done, I've seen the book at the local quilt shop.

Carol said...

I read 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society' this summer and absolutely loved it! ENJOY!

Sherri said...

I also loved the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society...a delightful book! Can't wait to see YOUR Millie's Garden...I so hope that you'll share your progress with us!

Elizabeth said...

Prairie Queens is definitely worth the trip--I'll go with you!

Vicky said...

Proofreading is like vacuuming. Every time you do it, you pick up more dirt. (Or at least that's how it was with my court transcripts.) You'll love GL&PPS. I was skeptical because of the letter format, but ended up falling in love with it! Can't wait to see your new pattern!

Rae Ann said...

I love 'Aunt Millie's Garden' quilts. I can't wait to make mine. Don't you love good mail!

K Cotton said...

Prairie Queens is the shop you can trust and they treat me so nicely. I always feel welcomed. They greet to every single customers who come into the shop. Definitely worth the trip!

Jennifer said...

What a fun mail day! You'll love the Guernsey book--very endearing! And I have the Aunt Millie pattern, too! Who could resist it after seeing Megan's quilt? Can't wait to see yours!!