Sunday, July 18, 2010

. . . back into the studio!



After what felt like way too long of not being in the studio. . . well. . . creating things . . . I have been in there cleaning(!). . . I spent most of today  happily cutting & sewing away. I made dozens & dozens & dozens of half-square triangles & never had so much fun making those little buggers!


I'm crediting that to the fact that I have broken down & am trying a paper piecing product to make them. I have heard about many over the years - but never really got to excited about them . (Even though I'm certain that they are probably wonderful products. . . I can just be a little late to the party!) . Then I read a review about a product for making not only half square triangles - but also quarter square triangles & the best part is that it includes pretty much all the sizes you could possible want, because they are all on a CD, & you simply print out the sizes & the amounts that you need. (. . . & after I just went through all my sorting & purging. . . something so simple & compact - but so useful is a dream!)


Best of all - it made making the dozens of half-square triangles so much fun & so easy - as well as each one being the perfect size! I'm thinking I will never ever go back to making my half-square triangles any other way. The CD I used is called 'Triangulations 2.0' by Brenda Henning for Bear Paw Productions, & if your local quilt shop doesn't have it - ask them about it!. . .  & /or I do believe that you can find it at the Fat Quarter Shop. So worth it. My latest project uses quite a few  half-square triangles & this little treat is making them so easy & fun. I just love it when that happens!


I also wanted to thank all of you for your sweet words about my new fabric line - 'Georgia Lou'. I also started cutting into my sample half yards a few evenings ago & I'm very excited to get the rest of my yardage & jump into the new designs. I did get some great news & that is that Lecien is planning to begin to show 'Georgia Lou' to quilt shops next month! So that means things will be a-buzzin' here in the studio. . . & I will be giving lots of peeks along the way!


Hope you have a wonderful week!


Bren

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Love those 1/2 square triangles...georgia lou is wonderful too!

Cara said...

Love your half sq triangle Brenda! I use thangles but am totally going to look at that program as I love the look of 1/4 sq triangles but not the headaches! Thanks!
Can't wait to see your sneaks of Georgia Lou! I am getting ready to cut into your Durham line I got at sample spree! Looking forward to seeing what you are working on-have fun!

Sewn With Grace said...

Love the colors you are using to make your triangles. Can't wait to see what the quilt will look like. Thank you for your kind words over the past few days. I know Georgia Lou will be wonderful and I'm so looking forward to seeing it in person! :)